Page 179 of 180 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180 LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1797

Thread: Notable car sightings

Quote Originally Posted by SportWagon View Post
    That made me realize that the mascot/project van of my local bicycle shop is also a Corvair van...

https://www.yelp.ca/biz/king-street-cycle-waterloo

(I have actually seen the van in person a few times).
    Cool van! I wonder if that's hand-lettered paint or vinyl graphics.

I've always liked the pickup trucks with a "tailgate" on the side.

My aunt drove one of those for work at the phone co. as late as 1984ish. Supposedly that was their original design intent - Spools of phone wire in the back could be rolled right out on to the ground.
    -Formerly Stabulator

I was cycling down Northfield Drive, late last Saturday morning. Among few too many motor vehicles which passed me was a red, I'm pretty sure, Triumph Spitfire, with its black top up (temperature had been 4C when I started, though it was approaching 15 at the time). I realized, "Hey! That might be my pub friends Ed and Katherine! (whom I haven't seen since the first lockdown)". So I waved vigorously, but as they sped away at at least 40km/hr difference, they wouldn't really have been able to acknowledge me anyway. They didn't, as I imagined might happen, stop and wait in Conestogo. It might not have been them anyway; I think their Spitfire has a softer tail.
    Last edited by SportWagon; September 25th, 2022 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SportWagon View Post
    My Three Sons That made me realize that the mascot/project van of my local bicycle shop is also a Corvair van...

https://www.yelp.ca/biz/king-street-cycle-waterloo

(I have actually seen the van in person a few times).
    The one in the picture on their site does not look like a Corvair van. Looks like a 1960's Chevy Van.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    The one in the picture on their site does not look like a Corvair van. Looks like a 1960's Chevy Van.
    I was told today it is a 1967 Chevrolet Sportvan. By Lori (Andy was home sick).

Annoyingly there is some déjà vu. I think I previously asked them if it was a Corvair, and between that time a few years ago and now I not only forgot the answer, but also forgot (and recently relearned) that there even was such a thing as a Corvair van.
    Last edited by SportWagon; September 30th, 2022 at 04:00 PM. Reason: It is "Sportvan" not "Sport Van".

Was on a week and a half road trip to the east coast with my wife for her friend's wedding in Philadelphia and then a couple of days doing vacation stuff in Newport, RI. Notable sitings included 4 McLarens of various types on the jersey turnpike, a handful of modern Lambos and Ferraris, and honestly too many maseratis. The highlight however was a green Miura in downtown Newport. I almost shit my pants.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Saw the new SL in the parking lot at the station I was working at. It was a beautiful blue. I thought to myself, "I didn't realize they updated the GT" only to learn soon after it was an SL, not a GTC.

It's a really good looking car.
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

Get that weak shit off my track

Administrator
    Toyota Tercel with poorly spaced vortex generators.

Administrator
    Also, another example of someone having way too much money in this city.