Page 150 of 195 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1945

Thread: Notable car sightings

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    I think if Toyota had re-released the LFA with no changes except legally necessary, an aluminum chassis and cheaper body materials, and put a Supra badge on it and sold it for GT-R/NSX prices, no one would complain.
    hahaha, of course they would complain. if it didn't have some "3JZ" Inline 6 turbo that can be tuned to 1,000 hp, they're going to complain. Ironically the BMW engine probably can do that, but they'll complain anyway.

There was a Forester Sport at the dealer today. I did not know it was a thing. As near as I could tell the only difference was sporty wheels and some trim.

The STi Type RA was still in the showroom. I did not look to see if there was still a $10,000 dealer mark-up on it.

Subaru has basically neutered their whole brand in terms of performance. Basically, none of the option packages get you any kind of performance upgrade over the base version of the car. With exceptions of the Legacy 3.6R, Outback 3.6R and WRX STi which are the very top of the price bracket.

Subaru used to be about cheap fun with some limitations. Like you knew the interior wouldn't be the greatest but man is it a hoot to drive. Not anymore, but hey, they are selling more cars.

Beautiful day in the Burgh, therefore the fun cars come out. 20190328_134234.jpg

Nice Maserati.

American classics are pretty common around here. Semi-exotic sports cars, however, are quite rare. The last 24 hours or so have been unusual. I saw a Ferrari 360 Spyder parked near USC. I saw a Lexus LFA in the wild, as well as a Lotus Elise during the same drive. Then, I saw a very clean-looking 2nd gen. RX-7 convertible.

Brand new (or at least current generation) Honda Ridgeline pickup with all the exterior metal covered in Rhino-liner or similar - hood, doors, the whole damn thing.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Brand new (or at least current generation) Honda Ridgeline pickup with all the exterior metal covered in Rhino-liner or similar - hood, doors, the whole damn thing.
    I wonder how much weight that adds

Good question. Some quick googling suggests it can add fifty pounds or more to the inside of a truck bed.

I was thinking about how it would look in ten or twenty years. Probably pretty crappy, and I bet that stuff is hard to get off. It also seems to me, with no actual knowledge - just making assumptions, that moisture could get in under the sprayed on stuff in some places and cause rust.

Most who drive new cars would probably say it will be someone else's problem in ten or twenty years. That's what they used to say about vinyl tops, too. Well, I drive ten to twenty year old cars. Don't ruin 'em for me!

I think it's cool on old trucks and jeeps, but anyone who covers a brand new vehicle in that stuff probably has more money than brains.

Followed a Ferrari 458 into the city during morning rush hour on Monday, which was particularly interesting because it was below freezing at the time.