Page 152 of 195 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1945

Thread: Notable car sightings

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineObsession View Post
    Orangey Ultima GTR in a local car compliance/repair/build shop.

First one i've seen in person. Didn't get pics, cos there's a lot of nice stuff in there that owners may not want shared everywhere.
    He only deals in nice cars, like mainly US muscle, but also a lot of brands from other countries. There's also a Ford GT40 MK.II in there (silver), but it's possibly a replica. First Mk.II i've ever seen too.
    Thoughts on the Ultima? Was it carbd or injected?

Was in San Fran/San Jose last month and damn - Teslas are everywhere. Yeah we got plenty of S and some X around here, but the new 3 arent here yet (rhd last!) and I havent seen an original roadster on the road here.
    So I was a bit excited to see a huge number of 3s and ... a roadster

TeslaRoadster.jpg

Also the first motorcycle I saw was a Zero.
    Electric rules!

Saw a red LC500 street parked in the neighborhood between my law school and AirBnB. Nice looking car for a Lexus.

Honda Clarity. Ugly as sin. Apparently there are two hydrogen fueling stations in the entire state of Michigan.

It has to be ugly or you wouldn't know the owner enjoys the fragrance of their own emissions.

Administrator
    I feel like the Clarity is barely even scratching the surface of the pantheon of ugly cars.

The partially obscured rear wheels is one of those unnecessary things car companies do to show how different and unique their electric car is, kind of like those goofy notches in the front fenders. That's why I liked the Volt so much, it was a decent looking car that happened to have an electric component. It didn't subscribe to the 'goofy looking because electric' trope that some car companies feel is necessary in order to entice that faction of consumers.

Yeah, that's really bad

Agreed on the ugliness of electric cars other than Tesla.

I saw a sharp-looking Japanese station wagon yesterday. As I got closer, I realized it wasn't an Acura as I first thought, but instead a Volkswagen.

Nope. It was a new Buick Regal station wagon!

Maybe old news to everyone else, but I hadn't seen one before. While googling just now to find a picture of it, I found this instead, which is much more fun.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Okay, so in the same workshop where i saw the Ultima GTR last week, i saw something else interesting there this week.

Firstly, are there any other cars that look like this from the front? It was definitely not a Dodge Challenger, it was very similar to the shape of the Lambo below, and possibly even was a Lamborghini Espada.
    Anything British that looks like this? It didn't really look American.

I couldn't see the sides or back, only a dead straight front view.