Page 177 of 195 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1945

Thread: Notable car sightings

Probably one of the cooler Buicks.
    Last edited by JoeW; July 20th, 2022 at 01:56 PM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    acket.

Pittsburgh has a really strong Cars and Coffee scene and they had a big meetup on Saturday. I was golfing at a course nearby and saw a bunch of fun stuff in traffic on the way there. The 'notable' one was a really nice '80s 300ZX with Nissan Fairlady Z badging and a Datsun license plate holder. Left hand drive though. I've always had a philosophy that I can really appreciate any car so long as it's well kept and clearly loved by its owner and this one fit right in.

Is it notable if I've seen this GT40 several times now at Cars & Coffee, but it's still a GT40? I can't remember what kind of replica/remake it is, as I presume the real deal would be worth millions and not just rocking up with randos every month.

Get that weak shit off my track

CAV GT40?

Looks like one of these?

(this exact one?)
    https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rjB...d-gt40-replica
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

It is a Keith Craft engine!

I think some of you may be surprised at what rolls into cars and coffee sometimes. There were all manner of outlandishly valuable hardware that would show up in Irvine when I lived there. The most memorable was a Jaguar D-Type. At the time, it was a ~$5 million automobile. Now, they're worth ~$20 million. Multiple Shelby Cobras would show up, signed by Carrol on the dash. I once saw an original GT40. One week, there was a Ferrari F40, F50, GTO and an Enzo parked side-by-side. Another week, there were six Challenge Stradales there at the same time. I told that story to Cheeto23, who worked at a Ferrari dealership at the time. He said, "Are you sure? Those are a pretty rare car." I offered to send him photo evidence, but he declined.

I saw an older but nice El Camino recently with a personalized license plate that said EL O EL.

Yeah some C&C events have some pretty crazy stuff, particularly near areas of wealth. I once went to one in SoCal where Jay Leno showed up in a McLaren (P1 I think it was), but the biggest surprise to me was the freakin' Vector W8.

I've seen a modern Ford GT and some McLarens, but I don't think anything worth millions. But Cinci is not SoCal.