Page 86 of 195 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: Notable car sightings

There was a BMW i8 in the gym parking lot today. On a tiny Army base in the woods of west central Wisconsin.

So, yeah, any idea that it's some kind of halo car is dead to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Saw a second gen Fiero in shockingly good condition.
    I would hope it would be since there was only two ever made.

The i8 looks great in the all blue color. I see a few once in a while around here. Actually saw an all Yellow one the other day, though not in person, it was behind one of our reporters in my show.

Yeah, it was all blue. When I pulled into the lot the front of the car was obscured and I thought it was another C7. Didn't realize how flared the rear is on the i8.

1935 Auburn rumble seat roadster wearing a legit '35 Michigan license plate. Spotted this in Grand Rapids, MI. For some reason the owner put "'35 Auburn" on the door in stick-on letters.
    1935 auburn.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    So, yeah, any idea that it's some kind of halo car is dead to me.
    Seems they're going to try and remedy that: http://www.autoblog.com/2016/08/12/n...r-300-mile-ev/

According to Automobile (and as we reported), BMW will still give the i8 three brushless electric motors of its own design and a far more substantial battery, good for 300 miles per charge. While each of the motors on BMW's prototype pump out 268 horsepower – which would add to a total of 804 – Automobile claims the production-spec i8 will get by with 750 hp, and it should be noted that power is not always directly additive in electric and hybrid systems Either way, BMW is making a tremendous performance upgrade for the i8's second generation – the current plug-in hybrid only pumps out 357 hp while a facelifted model due in 2017 should increase that figure to a still-modest 420 hp. Modest by comparison to 750, anyway.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Mini Cooper pulling a Uhaul trailer with a mattress strapped down to it. not a mattress set either, no box spring, just one single mattress.

really weird to see.

Platform beds ftw!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    I would hope it would be since there was only two ever made.
    Sorry, guess I screwed up the nomenclature. One of the later ones, maybe an '88, with the vertical rear end as opposed to the one that slanted in. Figured it looked different enough from the first round to be considered another generation of it.

There really only was one generation of Fiero. There were two body styles, the notchback and the GT. The notchback was '84-'88 and the GT was '86-'88. They were made concurrently. Some people might consider the '88s "second generation" since they had totally revised suspension, but the engines and the bodies and the interiors were the same as before. Really, the chassis was always the same.. they just bolted up new suspension in '88. My '87 has '88 rear suspension, for example. You can tell the difference between each year due to subtle styling variations - like the '84s had a single center decklid vent and the '86-'88 cars had two side vents... but I think that would be lost on most people. The only visual clue I can think of '84-'87 vs. '88 is that the '88s have 6" wide front wheels instead of 7" wide, and you can tell because the front wheels on an '88 don't have a lip like the rears.

I think you probably just saw a GT, but it could have been any year.

Notchback:

GT:

And for snarky Phil they sold 20,000 Fieros in '88 alone, which is more than, say, any single year of BRZ sales.