Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: High or Higher-end Audio

Can't say I've really been into this for a while, but it was good to listen to my KEF M400s today. They really show how musical things can be.

Yeah I was into the high end sound for awhile...then I had kids. Haven’t used any of it since and sold most of it away to fund camera equipment for the business.

I copied all my CDs to my PC and listen to them on my devices via Apple Match.

Great sound is extra engaging. When I'm in FL I miss it, and I return home to hear balance, detail, and dynamics again and it's like having a gourmet meal after weeks of crummy fast food.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Later I switched the PS4 settings from PCM to Bitstream DTS. Which promptly introduced a noticeable delay in audio. It's HDMI to the TV and the TV outputs sound via either optical or analog to the receiver. My guess is the TV (a few years old Vizio) is causing a delay in the pass through of surround audio. I'll hook up an optical cable directly from the PS4 to the receiver and see if that helps.
    This was the answer. All good now.

Yeah I love the hifi sound but no real opportunities to immerse myself with 2 kids running around all the time.

You don't want to listen to children's songs in HiFi?

Lol...at the time it was more about being quiet.

Anyone familiar with modern high end components? Specifically the modern replacement for the CD player: the HD music streaming.

I used to have:
    2 Floorstander Speakers
    1 CD Player
    1 Preamp/Processor
    1 2 Channel Amp

But nowadays I have read the best sound comes from HD Audio streaming services over the old CD. So what piece of equipment replaces the CD player and gets the HD Audio stream into Pre Amp/Processor?

Get that weak shit off my track

That looks like it focuses on more on the app side from a computer. I'm looking for more of stand alone components that would sit with the other stereo components.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    acket.