Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: High or Higher-end Audio

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    That looks like it focuses on more on the app side from a computer. I'm looking for more of stand alone components that would sit with the other stereo components.
    Maybe it didn't automatically take you to the section that I linked to.

Quote Originally Posted by Scroll down a little
    High-resolution digital music players like Sony’s HAP-Z1ES and network audio streamers let you enjoy high-resolution music through your home stereo system.

The Bluesound Vault 2i is a streaming music player with a built-in CD ripper and a 2TB hard drive. It lets you access TIDAL (including their high-res MQA service tier). It can also store downloads from high-res music sites. You can enjoy high-res music without involving a computer.
    Get that weak shit off my track

There we go. Thanks!

So I am still putting together a dream list of components for a good 2.1 channel stereo system.

And I saw this item here...

https://nadelectronics.com/product/c-399/

This seems like a good pre/pro/amp/streamer single unit. I was originally going to get (well...dreaming) a preamp/processor, a 2 ch amp in the 150-200wpc range, and a streamer like the Bluenote. But this NAD looks to be the bees knees and can do all of that in the $2500 range. The reviews are quite good thus far. Should be all I need seeing as how I am not a full on HiFi high end guy...especially since I don't have the budget for a $50k system. But maybe if I can scrape together $5k in a couple of years I can get couple of floorstanders in the $1500-2000/pair range and a halfway decent sub for $500-750 to pick up the real lows.