Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB '15 (Postseason)

Home teams getting killed today. Hopefully things return to normal tomorrow.

We played like complete shit. Nobody is hitting for contact. Everyone of our guys is trying to hit the big ball. Let our speed and defense do the work.

Here David Price was pitching after an 11 day rest, which was just nonsensical. It was too much rest. He was not as sharp as we're used to seeing. It didn't help that Josh Donaldson almost lost his head sliding into second base. Thankfully he'll be okay and most likely back tomorrow. Otherwise we're probably done.

I saw the Donaldson slide. That was dangerous territory. Both the Jays and the Royals are in a HUGE hole to start the series off. I'll be honest. I wasn't excited to see we were going to play the Astros. They have had our number all year, and they have been red-fucking-hot as of late.

This loss was huge.

Luckily for us we have Stroman, (who in the minds of many is more dangerous than Price), starting tomorrow. But honestly, I'm at the point where I'm happy with what the Jays have already accomplished. Anything more is just gravy. Expectations haven't set in for me yet, so if they don't even make it to the next round, I'll still be proud of them and anxiously await spring training.

I know the situation is very different for you in KC. Expectations are extremely high. Very tough atmosphere, I'm sure.

Yeah, the tough part is the Royals are a much more well rounded team this year.

The frustrating part is the Astros are shit on the road (33-48) in regular season and they trotted in hear like they are 58-23. The Royals are 51-30 at home. We should have put this one away quickly and we sure as shit didn't. We played their game, the way they wanted us to.

It's very disconcerting.

And we are still trying to kill the ball.

Fuck we lost a heartbreaker in the 14th inning. I love how these useless umps can put themselves in the spotlight and be the deciding factor in a game. This stinks. I feel like punching a Gatorade cooler.

Tough break for you Jays.

Good job, KC. You're in better shape than we are. But anything is possible...
    Last edited by sandydandy; October 9th, 2015 at 03:55 PM.