Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Future of EV...

Thanks for all the responses. Yeah, I figured the general consensus would be to go for it, if I were single, it'd be a no brainer! Plus, with US government loaded with debt, the best days of aerospace is probably over.

However, wife just can't agree with longer hours and same level of pay. This job definitely isn't worth a divorce! Plus, if I go, we'll probably need to relocate closer to work in order to cut commute time. So the logical solution is more money! So, I turned down their initial offer and asked for more money..., now it'd be a matter of whether if they want me that badly! Although it is a startup venture, but I know they're pretty well funded. Fingers crossed.

Eventually, you could take the hyperloop to work to cut down on commute time.

j/k. Good luck! The EV field sounds promising.

Thanks General JS!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    So, I turned down their initial offer and asked for more money..., now it'd be a matter of whether if they want me that badly!
    Smart man! Good luck to you.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Thanks dude! I think I'm in the final negotiating stage. Should know the final answer shortly... If they say yes, then I'm there!

Okay, so I failed at salary negotiation... I guess I will stay in the aerospace industry for now...

Ha, they made it on to the LA Times today! This is the company I'm talking about: http://www.latimes.com/business/auto...105-story.html

Faraday Future will build a $1B factory to produce the next Tesla rival

The company is obviously aiming to be the next to do what Tesla does. In addition to being named after another inspirational scientist from history, Michael Faraday, the company is connected to a cadre of auto execs who formerly worked for BMW, Tesla, GM, Ford, and Fiat. The FF team is a bona fide Who’s Who of “poached” automotive executives and designers.

Yueting is referred to as China's equivalent of Jobs, both for his talk of "disrupting" traditional industries as well as for his wardrobe at product launches of jeans and a T-shirt.

Faraday Future will have Aston Martin build production version of their EV.

I guess this partnership with a real car company should help minimize risks for this start up... fingers crossed!

Okay, they finally showed their production car!

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/fi...FFBB0574D6C082

They still need a factory producing this car though...

Tesla got lucky and inherited a factory from GM and Toyota for cheap..., for FF to build a new factory from scratch will be expensive... if they can't come up with the money, I guess Aston Martin will help them out... so this car is not going to be cheaper than the Model S/X!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 4th, 2017 at 12:47 PM.