Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: This is the thread where we talk about bad driving/riding/walking

I back my rig into my spot every morning -- but then I'm an early riser so there usually isn't so much as a single car blocked behind me.

Administrator
    I'm happy to announce that Audi are successfully defending the douchebag crown over the past few days. BMW drivers can rest easy, despite the driver holding his phone in his i3 that I saw make a left from a driveway directly at an SUV that had to swerve into the right lane to avoid him.

Yeah, around here, BMW's are probably 3rd ranked of the common douche bags (so that excludes Rolls, Bentley's etc.).

Lexus is worst. Audi just behind them. Bonus DB points for SUV's.

If you separate Porsche's into cars and SUV's the SUV's would probably move up to 1 or 2. The cars kinda even it out. Usually the base 911 drivers are bad, but the Cayman/Boxster/GTS's/Turbo drivers aren't bad.

I feel that BMW drivers hold the crown for outright douchy driving here in Chicago. Lexus drivers annoy through obliviousness, which is fitting for fancy Toyota's.

A lot of badly customized V35 G35s get badly driven by boy racer types, but that's not an across the brand thing.

BMW probably wins just through sheer numbers in DC, but I find greater percentages of luxury SUVs and minivans are douches than BMWs. And almost ALWAYS from the suburbs.

I was about to reply "WTF?", then I noticed the parking line.

They could have been a real dick and done it on the passenger side, thinking they might even pull away without noticing.

I missed the parking line at first also, and was thinking, "Yes! Revenge on someone who left a cart in the parking lot", and then, "uh, but those people drive away immediately, so how..."

Administrator
    Riding home on the bike path today, I end up at the intersection of Exposition and Sepulveda. It's me and another cyclist waiting to cross going eastbound, while a pedestrian is across the street trying to cross westbound. We've got the red light, and traffic is heavy (as it often is there) on Sepulveda, so of course people pull into the intersection without seeing if they can clear it, and end up blocking the intersection.

By the time the light is changing, only the person in the right lane going northbound (closest to the pedestrian) is still in the middle of the intersection. She's got just the nose of her car into the crosswalk, but otherwise is sticking out. Light changes, we get the walk signal, and we all start going, because who wants to wait for this dipshit? A couple of seconds later, the cars in front of said dipshit start moving, and that's when I see that she's got both hands on her phone and is staring at it, and just starts going. With the pedestrian directly in front of her. He yells and hits her hood, she slams to a stop and drops her phone. Then has the nerve to honk and get all pissed that she's stuck in the intersection until the crosswalk clears.

It made me think. When you're that person, I feel like you should have to sit there and take all the jeers of all the people who think you're an idiot. It's like sitting in the corner on a stool with the dunce cap on, you deserve to wallow in your shame. Maybe if we did more of that, people might actually not block intersections.

As is, Los Angeles has started cracking down on pedestrians, it's a $250 fine if you step off the curb when the walk signal goes from green to the blinking red. If the pedestrian hadn't started walking in front of her, he never would have been able to cross the intersection at all, as by the time she nearly hit him the walk signal was already starting to blink red. Yet, somehow, she was mad at him.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; July 14th, 2017 at 07:35 AM.