Page 38 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Junior Potato
    I wasn’t aware that you could tune the settings in the mission races. I thought you had to use what you were given

Plus I really dislike how grippy the softs are. It’s too much like God mode. I’ve never driven a real race car with slicks so I can’t compare to real life, but comparing to other sims like PC2 and AC, the hards feel just about right.

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineObsession View Post
    What race cars use traction control these days? I think the GT (R8, GT-R, M6 etc) cars do don't they? Always feels like cheating, using it.
    Yup. If it's good enough for Bill Auberlen I'll use it.

I'm pretty sure all FIA GT3 cars have TC. The GT-R certainly does. GT Sport's TC emulation is not as advanced as the real system I used. The TC setting I've run in RL has varied a lot depending on the track/surface/setup otherwise. It was certainly handy on that car with most of its weight *not* on the drive wheels, and two turbos that liked to come in with a lot of torque. We did things with the throttle mapping, too, to make that surge easier to manage. But TC systems definitely have their place in modern racing. I bet LMP1 cars have it, too, don't they? Maybe even LMP2? The LMPC car I drove did not. It didn't really need it although I'm sure it helped with rear tyre life in long stints. Linear power delivery and good weight over the drive tyres meant it wasn't too hard to ride the edge of traction off the slow corners.

Racing Softs in the GT series have always felt too sticky. In this particular Mission, which is the only time I'm aware of that I've run them in GT Sport, they actually don't feel as unrealistic as in past GT games. And when they're more than half worn they start to feel more real now, too.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    All GT3 cars come equipped with traction control and ABS, since they are designed to be easy for pros and amateurs to drive, although their use varies from series to series based on rules.

GTE/GTLM cars do not have traction control, but do have ABS. The only car from this category in the game is the Porache 911 RSR, which technically is in the wrong class.

LMP1s also have traction control.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

I have been told the C7.R for GTE has TCS, and for what it's worth the GTE Wikipedia page also says that, sort of. I don't know exactly what "engine based" traction control is.

Junior Potato
    That 911 RSR is very slowed-down from its real life counterpart. And (sorry Keith) the C7.R is not a real GT3 car either, seeing as it looks like it’s closely based on the faster LM-GTE car.

I’m very much enjoying PC2’s ‘authentic’ assists setting, because it applies TC, ABS, etc, based on whether the real car uses it. It might be slightly canned like the GT implementation, but it’s a start and I hope it makes its way to other sims in the near future.

359 -
    You have that reversed: GTE cars are allowed traction control but not ABS.

Nate -
    Engine-based means that it can only retard spark or the like, it can't apply the brakes (which is what many road applications do). It prevents fancy use of torque vectoring type applications.

The C7 in GT:S is not a real car, it is their own creation made to fit the class structure for the game. Therefore its features and performance are purely based on what they wanted it to have, I presume.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; November 2nd, 2017 at 08:07 AM.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Wait.

You mean to tell me the Group 4 Veyron isn't a real thing?!?!?!?!?!

The Ultimate Driving Wishmeathing.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Thats what I get for posting at 5am after painting for a few hours.

I notice that GTS has ABS assist to On, Off, or Default. I wonder if Default is similar to Project CARS' system of using what the real car has. I've had my game set to run Default, and ABS is definitely on, but I haven't tried a lot of older cars.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

I assumed 'default' set it to the level of whatever overarching difficulty you selected. I don't know for sure, though.