Page 71 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I popped in to see if LeMans was any good.

Am I alone feeling, both in Chase and Cockpit views, that the illusion of speed just isn't conveyed well? You do 155mph in a Porsche RSR down the endless straight and the way the trees and course texture is modeled it feels like you're going about 50mph. This is the only track that gives me that impression.
    Tried Le Mans today as well and I felt that as well, even in the Nose cam view. The track, especially Mulsanne, seems much smoother than it was in previous games.

That being said, it is definitely the 2018 version of the track, even with the new starting line gantry, so Mulsanne may have been smoothed out.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

That new Dragon Trail circuit is pretty fun. I hadn't logged on in a while, and just did that circuit experience the other night. It was fun to figure out the racing line there, it definitely presents some challenges and makes you think. Funny enough I was thinking during the circuit experience that the standard for Gold has become too easy over the years. Hear me out now. In the GT1 or GT2 days I remember it being really difficult to get Golds in most of the license tests. It was a real accomplishment that you had to push hard for. Nowadays I can do a sloppy sector of a track I've never even seen before and get Gold the first time out. Second or third time out I can beat the gold sector goal by a second or more. That's too easy. I'm not even close to the quickest in GT Sport, there are plenty of fast guys who are taking the time to get that last 1-2% of speed that I'm not these days.

I imagine it's still more of a challenge for those who are using the DualShock instead of a wheel, though.

What wheel RWA? I tried the bump stop behind the brake pedal of my Thrustmaster T-GT and took it right back out. I couldn't press the brake far enough to get best braking performance from the cars I drove. Perhaps a supremely rigid cockpit would help that a little. But for me it was too much.

Junior Potato
    I've got the Logitech G29. The pedals that come with it date back to the G25, I think, so you might have used them in the past.

While we're on the subject of pedals, Bryan you've got a Playseat Challenge haven't you? You should get some L-brackets and rubber stoppers from a hardware store and do this:

But do it this way since the force of your feet pushing down needs to be contained:

What I did there is to basically hard-mount the pedals to a backing board (the foam around the pedal plate has the perfect amount of grip if you screw down really tightly), which then gives me the ability to attach those L-brackets and give them some lift. It's probably the best mod you can do to a cheap racing chair like these, and I don't even need the velcro strap any more!

If you're keen you could go even higher to tilt the pedals closer to vertical. That's the beauty of DIY.

I've used those pedals for eons on the PC. Great pedals for the money. I seem to not enjoy dorsiflexion of my ankles much at all so angling the pedals isn't something I'll be trying. In a race car I sit lower down, so by moving the seat fore or aft I can more easily adjust my "at rest" position for my ankles. Yes I'm wacky.

Everytime I come in here, I want a cockpit again.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    www.gran-turismo.com has added some new statistics to the user profiles, showing your Sport Mode history, with some interesting break downs. Shows your stats for FIA GT championships, all Sport Mode races, and your stats for each circuit, plus your fastest ever lap times for each category at each circuit.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    I imagine it's still more of a challenge for those who are using the DualShock instead of a wheel, though.
    Nope. I have been playing with the dualshock only so far as I need to get an adapter to use my old Logitech wheels and haven’t got around to it yet, partially because the dualshock implementation is so perfect.

But yeah even with the controller the golds are way too easy, most of them first try like you said. At least there are friends leaferboards to shoot for.

I think this is my first post since acquiring a PS4 Pro and GT Sport a couple months ago. Wow I am impressed and loving this version. The sounds, physics (especially grip levels) are much improved and for me they have finally taken back their position over Forza. Forza 7 feels imferior to me now. Just wish the content was better but they are improving (where is my DC2 Integra!!).

What I really like are the camera adjustments you can make in 3rd person view while driving. The past few GT’s have had too stiff of a camera that was locked on to your car. Now you can loosen it up and make it feel like Forza has it which improves the driving feel a lot for me.

And don’t get me started on the scapes mode. Worth the price of the game by itself.

Junior Potato
    Haulin ass

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    That new Dragon Trail circuit is pretty fun. I hadn't logged on in a while, and just did that circuit experience the other night. It was fun to figure out the racing line there, it definitely presents some challenges and makes you think. Funny enough I was thinking during the circuit experience that the standard for Gold has become too easy over the years. Hear me out now. In the GT1 or GT2 days I remember it being really difficult to get Golds in most of the license tests. It was a real accomplishment that you had to push hard for. Nowadays I can do a sloppy sector of a track I've never even seen before and get Gold the first time out. Second or third time out I can beat the gold sector goal by a second or more. That's too easy. I'm not even close to the quickest in GT Sport, there are plenty of fast guys who are taking the time to get that last 1-2% of speed that I'm not these days.

You're absolutely right; I used to have a lot more trouble getting golds - and all golds were pretty much out of the question for me - in the earlier games. I'm just not great at GT Sport, but I'm getting all golds with not a ton of trouble.
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

Darn millennials and their participation trophy mentality ruin everything.