Page 137 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1474

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Junior Potato
    You can also share the replay file to your activity feed, and we can have a play around with it ourselves!

Replay has been shared on my profile.

After multiple races, I've come to the conclusion of just driving the piss out of what I have. Since diving up on people nets me no penalty, but rear-ending people gives me 2-7 seconds worth. I'll just play like they do.

It's shitty, because that's not how racing is supposed to be

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    I take it the game thought you were brake checking the guy behind you. Since that's not a corner you'd be braking that hard in, the game thought your actions were out of whack. Its an unfortunate incident, but that was an odd circumstance.

The second penalty, I have no clue. Glitch because the car was going through you at the same time you became solid? I generally try to avoid other cars, even if they are "invisible". I've had similar glitches happen before of coming through a car at the wrong second.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

That's what I came to the conclusion of after the fact. The rest of the race was just me throwing the car around in frustration.

Currently sitting back at an S rating for SR, my goal by the end of this season is to be an A rated driver and an S for SR. Shouldn't be too bad. But the viper is not the right car for this manufacturer season I feel.

Junior Potato
    A Viper is never the right car

I ran with a Merc AMG in my first season through November/December last year, and finished 2nd in Qld/Gold Coast for Mercedes, as well as 1st place for Mercedes/Gold Coast/Generation 30. Yep I was the fastest old Merc AMG driver in my state!

I then went with Lexus for the most recent exhibition season (not that it mattered because I only did one Nations Cup round...)

The AMG is probably the best bet if you're struggling. It is really good on tyres and fuel and has plenty of straight line speed. Its handing is very friendly; only slightly understeery balanced with good agility. A good pick if you want to give yourself the chance of more success.

Mid-engine cars like the Audi, Porsche and Ferrari are faster, but they're much more sketchy and tend to chew their tyres.

Tree-fiddy-nine and people on other parts of the net will have more info on this than I have.
    Last edited by Rare White Ape; March 22nd, 2020 at 04:50 PM.

Junior Potato
    I watched the YouTube version.

Quote Originally Posted by The359 View Post
    I take it the game thought you were brake checking the guy behind you. Since that's not a corner you'd be braking that hard in, the game thought your actions were out of whack. Its an unfortunate incident, but that was an odd circumstance.
    I think it might've registered the steering input more than anything. You can see the correction to the left which made contact with the guy in the Audi. If the game reads a steering input towards another car (even if you were swerving out of the way) then it deems the guy who steered to be at fault. That's the way it is understood to work, but the system just lacks context.

The second penalty, I have no clue. Glitch because the car was going through you at the same time you became solid? I generally try to avoid other cars, even if they are "invisible". I've had similar glitches happen before of coming through a car at the wrong second.
    I agree with this.

When that yellow car was slowed on the outside, my first instinct was for you to be more aggressive and follow the Renault past on the right... could've avoided the first penalty at least.

It's hard to make quick decisions like this in the heat of the moment and we aren't all Terminators on the inside. Except for Bryan. I think he is secretly a T1000 who's assumed the form of CudaMan.

The second penalty was for sure from coming out of ghosting while "in" another car, registering a "collision" to the system. You can even hear it from the chase view. Because of the hit and the speed differential, your car ghosts again immediately, so it probably wasn't clear while driving that this was the reason for the 5 second penalty. 99% of the time in the top splits the ghosted car will move off line before entering the penalty zone. Or if they don't, the approaching cars will.

The first one is just unfortunate circumstance. Chalk it up to a learning experience and move on.

The penalty system is far from perfect, but with a few bits of awareness and some other good players around you (bet you will find more as you rank up) it's pretty tolerable and a heeeeck of a lot better than no penalty system at all. It was actually a lot better a year ago. I think the developers/code have gone down a road that hasn't been fruitful.

Junior Potato
    Some people are throwing around rumours that the current phase is seeing PD use GTS as a beta platform for the next game’s penalty system.

If so, it sucks, and it would be nice of them to inform us.

But I don’t think it’s true.