Page 36 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Yeah, the tuning bit is going to turn me off when I get to that point, I don't have the patience for that either.

But working on SR and now racing against other "A" rating drivers, this is a lot more fun. I'm not winning anything, but there is a refreshing lack of the shenanigans of the lower SR rating races. Having said that, I did just have to take a poor line to cut inside of someone on the last corner of the last lap in Kyoto Driving Park daily race. My defense is that if I'd been in a real race, I would have done the same thing. I actually bumped the other car a bit, but the game agreed that it was a legit move on the last corner of the last lap, and I wasn't penalized. Managed to outrun the other car to the line to take that coveted sixth place
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

Administrator
    I may have missed something, but is there a reason it takes 18.7 years to upshift with a controller?

Edit: Appears to be just with the road cars, the first couple of license tests were like taking a minor nap while the car upshifts.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; October 28th, 2017 at 12:44 PM.

Administrator
    Early experience shows that the video telling people not to swerve side to side to block doesn't actually change how people race. That said, happy to see that some minor contact doesn't seem to show up on the SR, pretty sure my first race came off clean.

Minor contact in the driving school and missions is ignored as well, which is appreciated.

Administrator
    Yep. It's way more permissive than iRacing. It is fun to watch all the same angry rants that iRacing dealt with pop up on GT forums, though.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    I finally hit my road block. The final three Driving Challenges have flustered me. The 15 minute endurance at the oval, took me 7 tries and a lot of blocking to stay ahead of that WRX that is clearly faster than any other car. It took me not changing tires, timing my fuel fill exactly, and genrally being a dick for the final few laps.

Tries the 30 minute endurance with the Porsche LMP at Interlagos, turning the fuel map down not only wasn't enough to make it on 1 stop, but I also wasn't able to catch the leader so as it is after their second stop. Haven't tried the GT3 endurance at the Nordschleife yet, but I assume it's going to be difficult.
    Last edited by The359; October 29th, 2017 at 12:55 PM.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Not going to lie, with the first fuel save I got ahead of the Viper then let him push me down the front stretch.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Not going to lie, with the first fuel save I got ahead of the Viper then let him push me down the front stretch.
    Did you make a pit stop? I never touched my fuel setting as I assumed everyone had to make a pit stop no matter what.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

This was the one with no pit stop on the night city course, the other cars were not fuel limited, you were just expected to conserve on the lap.

There was the one where you pitted and raced against the 488 around Brands, then the one you pitted the GT-R, and then this night one was next.

Administrator
    Playing with a controller really makes me miss the haptic feedback that the Xbox One controllers have on Forza.