Page 29 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Quote Originally Posted by pl8ster View Post
    I noticed that. So I will never have the chance to race against you
    There's always the public lobby or a private race server!

And I don't plan to do much if any Sport mode until I get my wheel and playseat, so when I start a few days late I'll still be a Rook.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by pl8ster View Post
    That's the big negative, that there is almost literally nothing that can be saved if you're not online. The FIA connection is serious business, I'm wondering if they did away with any kind of local saves to preserve as much integrity as they could with regard to the ranked online racing.
    That's almost as bad as Forza 7, which it appears won't let you even start the game if you're not online (despite what their FAQ says).

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    There's always the public lobby or a private race server!

And I don't plan to do much if any Sport mode until I get my wheel and playseat, so when I start a few days late I'll still be a Rook.
    I was wondering how I was besting your License Test times.

By the way, license tests, all gold, Day 1. And I've yet to plug in the wheel. They are ridiculously easy, in my mind. The only ones I struggled with were, as usual, the braking tests, and the few rally exams.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

The vast majority of them I moved on from as soon as I got a Gold time. I'm sure I'll go back to them again at some point. Some of them in particular seemed like a fun challenge.

I'm pretty much always running with some amount of TC on with the controller because my right thumb isn't very deft at applying throttle while air-unwinding the controller. The NSX on used-up tires with TC disabled was a new experience.

There's apparently a trophy for being >1sec faster than Gold time on a license test. I'll have to go find one after some time with the wheel to try to make that happen.

Junior Potato
    I bested all of you in a passing challenge on the tri-oval.

So… take that?

Add me Ice_Warden and eventually when we start online lobby racing we can hook up. I keep trying to grab time after the kids are in bed but the wife keeps pulling me off the PS4. So I’ve only gone through the first 30 or so license tests. Trying to do the 48 then move to the next group.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    So far i've only looked around the menus (didn't play the beta version), driven on a few tracks in Arcade Mode, checked out the New Zealand spots in Scapes mode and... thats all. I really suck at the car handling, was spinning out/crashing almost every corner on some tracks (everything turned off other than ABS), unless i went uselessly slow. Mainly drove slow cars like the Golf, MX5 etc, but the Lancer rally car sounded great with its gearbox etc whine, and the Merc GTS actually sounded like a V8 Merc instead of a computer generated sound!

Bit peeved they've taken my car horn away from me. And tyre smoke is as shit as Forza now, used to be bloody awesome in GT5 and GT6, to the point when drifting closely with other people you pretty much couldn't see a thing. Not happy.

Have decided to try get more done on the Forza games before i play GT Sport again, since i'm doing reasonably well in terms of handling the cars in Forza since there hasn't been a GT for blimmin ages.

I've also got a feeling i may not like this GT as much as the past ones. Mainly because i don't really like using race cars, at all... I've only ever bought GT for the road cars, and there's a pretty piss poor selection of them at the mo.

Junior Potato
    ISR's take on it.

So pretty.

I used my money to buy Subarus, of course.

I don't know why, but I think it's hilarious to race with my hazard flashers on.
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid