Page 74 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Man, the DR points system is wack. Because I like to keep track of things, I check out my progress on the Kudos Prime site (http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=search). Did the Gr. 3 race at Tsukuba today, didn't have a chance to qualify, started 13th out of 16th, had a great race against what apparently were some substandard opponents and finished 3rd. Since it was the only Sport Mode race I did today, it was easy to see the difference it made in my DR points vs. yesterday. So what was my reward for moving up 10 spots and finishing in the top 3? Just under 400 points. Daaaang.
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Have you successfully converted files to SVG before?
    Literally, this is the first time I have attempted anything like this.

Junior Potato
    Well, firstly, I have to apologise because I completely forgot to do it for you yesterday. I got home from work and people in my house were all like, “stuff!” and all thought of doing it evaporated away and I am a terrible friend. So I’ll do it today

Secondly, if you’re using a basic online image to svg converter it’s not gunna work. You’ll need a vector graphics program like Adobe Illustrator (or a free one that you don’t have to pirate) and a bit of time to learn to do vectors. They’re not very user freindly, unfortunately.

Thirdly, I googled “corvette museum logo svg” and came up with a result on Wikipedia, which usually hosts vectors under fair use so is a good source. Sadly, the file itself is 33kb, which won’t help as you need a max of 15kb, but I’m posting this so you get some idea of how vectors work. This is a professionally made file and is probably the most efficient way to create this image, so a converted-from-raster of the same might look a bit shit, but I won’t know this until I give it a go later today.

No worries mate.

I have been working on this image for the better part of 7 months now. (Honestly for about a week and it has sat because I hadn't touched the game since).

So a few days wait won't hurt anything. I did mess with the "svg" file on Wikipedia, but it was downloaded as a png. Which didn't make any sense. I futz around with various things for about an hour and decided someone here could probably do it lickity split.

I will say this, I'm really excited to share this design. I think you guys will love it.

Junior Potato
    I've gotten to this stage so far, with a huge level of jank. It's 15.5kb, and I don't think you will want that much craggyness for a logo like this. Look at the far right column at the slider labelled 'Paths'. It's the basic level quality slider, and it's waayyyy down the left side. I can get a reasonable result at 25kb, but that's no help at all...

I'm thinking of splitting it into two halves and adding guide marks so that you can line the two halves up easily. Don't worry, I'll write some instructions so that you can deal with what I've got in mind. If the design you're doing is as good as you say it is (no pressure, heh heh!) then the extra effort is worth it. I'll report back sometime tomorrow!

Help me understand this.

I waited for the FIA GT series to start.
    It drops on 20-June. I'm in bed with a fever, miss day one.
    Login on 21-June, Round one is over. The fuck?
    Sign with a team to run in the manufacturer series.
    Go to race.
    No race till 23-June, only open for a 3 hour window. The fuck?
    I'm out of town on 23-June. Now 0-2 in participation for this series.
    Done for the year now? Fun.

Be more like iRacing, GT:S. Run races every hour or two all week so people can participate.

Junior Potato
    Don’t they do best 4 of 7 (or something) anyway?

No idea. Clicked through some of the links in the game that talks about the Championships but they're not very informative. Despite the snark my question was sincere. At one point it says it only takes the best 2 of 4 races for a round, but then it also says you can only run one race per round. Just lots of conflicting stuff.

I don't know why the window is so tight. Maybe to make it feel like a 'real' event? iRacing has NASCAR sanctioned events that are asynchronous and it seems to work fine.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    June is best 2 out of 4 events. So you can race the final two races. When it says one race per round, that means you have to pick one of the race times that day and that's your only shot.

Then there is Season 2 in July and Season 3 in August, but the schedules haven't been posted yet. I presume they will last through most of the month, every Wednesday and Saturday.

Originally the test seasons were every day except Tuesday and each season lasted a week, but they changed that about a month back.

That being said, the manufacturer you chose for the manufacturer championship, you're stuck with for Season 2 and 3 as well.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Junior Potato
    Alright Tyler!

I have created two files for you. Save them and then upload to the GT decal uploader.

Top: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fi0301fk56...20TOP.svg?dl=0
    Bottom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdcvdmm9na...OTTOM.svg?dl=0

There are crosses at the corners. They are there to help you line them up, and with a bit of fiddling you can scale and rotate each half and get them to match up.

Simply place your first one,

Then your second one,

And line them up like so.

There's a bit of overlap along the middle, but you might want to place a strip of black in there in case you get some colour peeking through. Doing it this way has necessitated the use of a transparent logo, so the next step involves masking the whole thing with a circle,

Then moving that layer down behind the rest of the layers.

Now, the biggest snag you might have with this is masking over the guide marks. If you are using a non-standard base colour like this racing yellow Corvette, you will have to match the layer colour to the base colour. This is fairly easy to do if you know the HSV colour values for the paint job, but if you're using a special colour in fluoro or chrome etc, then forget about it. If you need to I can make these again without the guide marks, but you'll have to line them up yourself.

But when it's done you'll get something that looks like this, with layers arranged as they are here.

Now I can't wait to see what you've planned to do with it
    Last edited by Rare White Ape; June 22nd, 2018 at 05:30 PM.