Page 133 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1474

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

BoP change details: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsp...0_5612949.html

I would also guess that weight affects tire wear. If so, these changes appear to make sense for the most part. Interestingly the NSX is one of the heaviest Gr4 cars.

Junior Potato
    Paintjob people:

Would you like a reference for Marlboro orange? Well, you can't have one, because it is outside the normal RGB colour space and your monitor won't display it unless there's an unbroken HDR pipeline between camera and display. Technical guff.

But this may give you some idea. Unless I'm mistaken, these are some aerodynamic parts from around the rear wheel area of a Marlboro Penske IndyCar from the mid-to-late 90s. They feature the famous dayglo orange from the Marlboro livery. GT Sport is able to mostly replicate fluoro colours in the Rec. 2020 colour space, and these parts are a close match for R1 and O1 fluorescent in the colour palette. While this is not an exact match, it is the closest available in GT Sport and if you have an HDR TV you can see how bright this stuff is for yourself. In the last photo I tried to get some blue sky in the same image, which is much, much brighter than what you see on a screen.

We scored these as kids; when the Surfers Paradise race was in its heyday we could tour through pit lane on Monday afternoon, after all the important stuff had been taken back to Brisbane airport and the security detail stood down. The bins were full of discarded racing car parts! I re-discovered them this morning when I was up in my dad's back shed looking for something else.

I put in a solid 1.5 hours at big Willow last night. I got down to a 1'13.3. Best possible of a 1'12.7. I have no idea where I am leaving 2 seconds from the fastest guys on the table. I would like to figure that sort of thing out. If maybe I am sighting the corners wrong, or something else.

After the solid hard lapping, I entered the next lobby, was 9th in grid. I knew I just needed to run clean and quick. No fast, nothing crazy. No real race moves. I knew there would be mistakes....and wow.

PS_Messages_20200228_091803.jpg

There were mistakes made

I'll upload the video later
    Last edited by Godson; February 28th, 2020 at 06:28 AM.

Junior Potato
    Heh, nice!

Sometimes it can be helpful to watch a couple of the top 10 replays. Some places you can get away with track limits shenanigans that might be surprising, although I wouldn't expect that at Willow Springs. Some of the fast guys also use some interesting techniques that probably wouldn't work so well in real life, like downshifting right before the apex for a bit of extra rotation and immediately upshifting again to be at lower RPM and a higher gear for the exit. That is advantageous in GT:S more often than it would be in RL, I'm pretty sure.

Don't put too much stock in the braking pressure indicator in replays of other players. I'm fairly certain the display ramps up slowly (for unknown reasons) even though they're stomping the pedal in a big braking zone. This slow ramp-up gives the impression they're braking later than they are. This is where the ghost can come in handy.

Junior Potato
    You’re all going to love this week’s daily race C. It’s ten laps of Spa in the Super Formula Toyota, and…

Qualifying doesn’t seem to matter. I’ve done two races starting 7th and 8th on the grid. Standing start, by the way (use your handbrake button instead of your brake pedal for faster launches). In both races lap 1 was absolute mayhem, which I miraculously managed to avoid, but still ended up 17th by the time we got to Pouhon. People absolutely don’t respect your racing space when it’s this chaotic.

I then spend the next nine laps gaining back all the positions I lost, and in both races I finished 1 place ahead of where I started!

It’s fun in a sadistic kind of way.

Junior Potato
    Whooo man. Ok, so, this Daily Race C is legit fun. I’m absolutely loving it.

I’ve managed to drop 6 tenths off my quali time to a 1:55.779, simply by looking further ahead on the track. I’m pretty sure it’s my new peak, but I’m still 1.3 seconds off the top ten for my region.

Still, that’s fast enough to put me 2nd or 3rd on the grid in my races tonight. I did three, but I keep bottling the start

Race 1 I was hunting first place but spun exiting La Source on lap 2.
    Race 2 I jump started and put myself down to 10th before we even got to Eau Rouge.
    Race 3 I scored a 5 second penalty when my car made contact with an already spinning car exiting La Source, dropping me from 3rd to 15th as we went up the Kemmel Straight.

Oh boy it was painful to watch the entire field zoom past while I served those five seconds.

But it wasn’t all doom and gloom. I finished race 1 in 6th, finished race 2 in 4th after a really good battle through the front-mid pack, and finished race 3 in 3rd, right where I started. (I managed a second place on Monday night too, but it was pretty uneventful, except for when I mistook lap 9 for the final lap, which made lap 10 really interesting).

If you want to make your way through the pack, just wait a while and the seas will part. Half the cars fan out and explore the runoff at Pouhon, and you giggle while you pick off multiple cars in one corner.

After a solid points haul, I’ve now crossed over 40,000 DR. An A+ rating is within reach

And:

DON’T FORGET TO SET YOUR OVERTAKE BUTTON.

Put it on the left side of your steering wheel, so that your fingers aren’t too busy while you’re flicking up the gears. Overtake is different to DRS; it works on any lap, any distance from a car, and any speed or gear. It’s up to you to use it to get drive out of slow corners or add top speed on long straights. If you’re a few tenths away from a slipstream simply push it for a few seconds and get closer. Or, if the guy behind is approaching your slipstream, give yourself a boost to keep them behind. But beware that it doesn’t recharge. Once you’ve burned it you’re done.

Junior Potato
    Behold…

Junior Potato
    New Mazda GT3... coming in May

Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Mazda Aston Martin.