Page 70 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Junior Potato
    Le Mans CONFIRMED!!!!1Q1!

It’s out tomorrow.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...port-this-week

I didn't even factor in the fact that Le Man is a couple weeks away.

Just realized I'll be driving to New York though . I guess streaming Radio Le Man will be a good way to stay awake during the drive.

Or you could come to ncm...

Junior Potato
    Le Mans is available now. Looks bloody flipping amazing at dawn in HDR. I did a gasp when I saw this camera angle in the replay.

Apparently GT Sport will be on sale for $20 during Sony's upcoming sale. I'm tempted to pick it up, but I barely touch my Forza games as it is.

You'd like GT:S. The person that takes the best pictures wins, you'd have an edge.

Junior Potato
    Doooooo eeeeeet

I was able to gold the Dragon Tail track that was just added to Circuit Experience. I beat the gold time by about three quarters of a second, pretty good for me. I think my time was 1:34 something? The only other time posted was by Bryan, who was *four seconds* faster than me
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

I popped in to see if LeMans was any good.

Am I alone feeling, both in Chase and Cockpit views, that the illusion of speed just isn't conveyed well? You do 155mph in a Porsche RSR down the endless straight and the way the trees and course texture is modeled it feels like you're going about 50mph. This is the only track that gives me that impression.

Junior Potato
    I didn’t get that feeling much at all. I drove last night in a Toyota TS050 in cockpit view with my wheel and it felt plenty fast for me.

But on the flip side a lot of my sim racing is done on the PC version of Assetto where I’ve adjusted my viewing angle to be a closer match for screen size and distance, which reduces the feeling of speed, and you can’t do that in GT so it has that wide angle, things whizzing past effect more than AC does.

There’s two things I want to have a wee complain about in GT Sport:

Firstly, at Le Mans the sunrise is in front of you as you go under the Dunlop bridge, as per the screenshot I posted. But switching to the sunset version the sun is low on the horizon off to the east, at your ten o’clock position as you drive down Mulsanne straight. This is 100% incorrect. In June the sun sets behind you as you go under the Dunlop bridge.

Secondly, the brake pedal is hella touchy in this game. My foot doesn’t even travel down to the firm part of the rubber stopper in my pedal setup, and at 1/4 travel it feels like the car is about to do a front-flip. With ABS off it is terrible. This is something they need to work on.