Page 100 of 148 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1474

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Junior Potato
    Elo ratings were invented for chess.

Basically, they rank players against those of similar skill, and if you’re ranked incorrectly then it will self-correct by giving or taking more points to align a player better.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

For example, if two players near the top of the Elo rank compete against each other, the winner will get a point and the loser will lose a point. However if a low-rank player wins against a high-rank player then the gain for the lower will be much bigger, and the higher will lose more.

If you find yourself to be unfairly losing points then it may be because you’re being placed differently, or your previous successes were a fluke, or you just aren’t as good as you thought you were.

This article here gives a good insight into the bottom end Elo ranks!

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/08/th...-in-overwatch/

Interesting!!
    Seems its widely used, mostly due to its simplicity and relative fairness.
    Not sure what algorithm GTS uses - Elo only seems to apply to 2 player games!
    But the expression "Elo hell" can seem good when the rating system doesnt seem fair.

Junior Potato
    I’ve seen Elo used in racing games before.

I had a world wide top 20 ranking in V8 Supercars 2 on the Xbox!

But that was because me and my mates would play every night and I’d win most races.

One day I ended up in a race containing the top 5 players and got my arse completely handed to me. The genuinely fast guys were using some kind of handbrake trick to go faster in corners which I refused to do (because I’m such a purist!) and I was just not fast enough. If I’d played the game in random public lobbies like everyone else I’m sure that my Elo would’ve been much much lower.

So yeah, one day near the end the game had fallen out of popularity with my buddies and I tried to keep the dream alive. I entered a public lobby driving some GT cars at Surfers. Got rammed into one of those crappy walls they put over the chicanes and placed near the rear. Lost a heap of Elo points. Told them over voice chat that they were a bunch of fuckwits. Traded the game for Splinter Cell the very next day

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Of all the tracks in the world to add...
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Quote Originally Posted by The359 View Post
    Of all the tracks in the world to add...
    SS Route X?

Yeah, incoming daily race for the VW Bus.

I hope they don't start putting Route X into the FIA races. Blue Moon is at least challenging and requires some skill, Route X is just a drafting strategy. I notice BB Speedway and Northern Isle never have been put into FIA use.

Is BB Speedway the oval with the right hand turn? I actually like that for its innovative approach and would entertain a daily race there. Not sure about FIA though.

Yeah, that's BB. It's probably not used because it's just so small.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    350 HR! :heart:

Only taking 3 of 8 rounds in FIA Sport races is a lot of drops. Add in that you can race every race if you have the time and it doesn't seem to reward certain real life sporting/racing strategies.
    They have modified this slightly for FIA and daily races. Now instead of your highest point getting result counting, only your last result counts. Effective January 17th.

Maybe it will pave the way for multi-day FIA race availability.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gtsp...0_8074868.html

Balance of Performance on nearly all GT3 cars has been adjusted, might be time to do some testing again to see how this affects things. Fuel consumption has also been tweaked.