Page 46 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Yeah, I do that the first time and if I've been gone a few hours. I'm talking about when I do run a race and it finishes, and the sign up period for the next one isn't even open yet. I usually just close out of the game or go putz around in the driving missions.

I only really do well if I pick a car and practice at it and then race. I can't hop around too much. It's probably why I liked iRacing because the series changed every week so I would practice to the point of satisfaction until Thursday or so and then race on Fri/Sat.

If I were a natural that could drop in anywhere at any time I could probably find a rhythm with racing all three A/B/C races and not have to wait too much.

Junior Potato
    This sad banana hasn’t done any proper racing.

Yes, I find practicing/qualifying is useful. The other thing is that all of it contributes toward my daily Mileage goal!

How do you download other people's liveries to use?

On the main menu go to Discover on the left bar. Go to liveries, you can search in various ways. Download whichever ones you want.

Then go to the garage and look at your car. You can apply the livery there. Annoyingly you can't apply it from the downloads gallery or the livery editor, but, alas.

I just ran across this awesome Japanese take on what you can do with GT Sport: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XwDKgVO2IU

It's a race designed to mimic a real life Blancpain Endurance Series race. With full course cautions and a pit stop and everything. (I wonder if tire wear is on?)

Some observations:

- This must be recorded on a PS4 Pro at a higher framerate than what I get on my standard PS4. Really makes me want a Pro. That looks like a much more fluid experience, particularly in the cockpit view.

- It appears that with all players in Japan, network lag is pretty minimal. They're able to race very closely without issue and all the cars usually look very predictable.

- These guys have great racecraft for the most part.

- I noticed there are no player names hovering above the cars. This adds a lot to the replay experience I think. I must look for a way to turn them off!

I think these guys are taking GT Sport to its full potential. Love it.

Junior Potato
    I’ll bet theyre all racing with nothing but cockpit view and all assists set as realistically as possible. Crazy Japanese people. Love ‘em!

And yeah, PS4 Pro does replays at up to 60fps, whereas the regular PS4 limits them to 30. A 1080p user still enjoys the benefits of the Pro hardware even if they’re not taking advantage of a 4K output.

I was stuck at D level for what seemed like forever. Then finally reached C about a week ago. Won two daily races last night (86 Gr. 4 at Tokyo Expressway - East Inner Loop), got a 4th this morning before work ( ) and now I'm at B. Maybe I'm starting to get the hang of it?

The weird thing is that I was doing a different daily race yesterday with the GTI and it seemed to be lugging pretty badly on some of the upper-gear upshifts. I did the first race or two with the auto transmission and then switched to manual, thinking my times would improve measurably being able to get the revs up in the next gear, but no. I wasn't bouncing it off the rev limiter, at least once I found out where that was
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

I had a nice night in the GTI yesterday in the daily race C, even won a race. I generally finish where I start, barring some cockup, when the cars are spec and low powered like that. The race I won was amusing, I was leading the last lap and a half. With clear track and proper motivation my last lap time was 2 full seconds ahead of my qualifying time.

I was able to catch a nice series of races where when I'd finish one the next one was starting in about 7 minutes or so. Ran 5-6 that way until I hit a 25 minute wait and then I bailed out.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    On the main menu go to Discover on the left bar. Go to liveries, you can search in various ways. Download whichever ones you want.

Then go to the garage and look at your car. You can apply the livery there. Annoyingly you can't apply it from the downloads gallery or the livery editor, but, alas.
    Thanks bra.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    One little tidbit I noticed last night, the Leader Lights system on the Porsche 911 RSR actually works in real time. I assume it is the same for the LMP1 cars.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via