Page 79 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Unfortunately I think the Blue Moon race was an issue for certain people who have certain manufacturers. A car which is redlining in 6th gear is going to run out of fuel quicker than a car running mid RPMs in 6th gear. I too ran out of fuel, both on approaching the pits at the end of Lap 12, and at the last lap of the race, despite short shifting while I could. The V12 Aston Martin is just too much of a screamer to conserve fuel like that.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

I would've thought the 911 wouldn't have struggled there. That said I came in at the end of lap 12, might've been able to get around one more time. I mean, on lap 25 it ran out coming onto the main straight which is basically pit-in. Lesson learned if they ever do it again.

Boy, they make it almost cruelly GTA-like to grind your way back up after losing DR and SR points. Ran the daily race at La Sarthe twice today:

Qualified 2nd, finished 3rd. No collision penalties, two minor track penalties.
    Qualified 1st, finished 2nd. No collision penalties, one minor track penalty, clean race bonus (?).

You'd think that those results would really benefit me with regard to both DR and SR (I really need the SR, I dropped all the way down to C), but my DR only went up 610 points and my SR went up a whopping seven points to keep me at a C rating. Obviously I'm expecting too much here.

EDIT: should have clarified, my main issue is that it's far easier to lose points than it is to gain them back. My points fell off over 3-4 bad races like I went over a cliff, at this rate it's going to take me 30 races to get back what I lost.
    Last edited by pl8ster; July 12th, 2018 at 09:11 AM.
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Lesson learned if they ever do it again.
    The problem is they modify the tire/fuel multipliers with every race, so "next time" will be different.

Can you turn the degradation on during the event Free Practice? I ran enough practice laps that I could've did my own fuel run test, but I don't think they are on.

No, there is no tire or fuel usage in practice, unfortunately. The only way to test that would be to make an online room and make the parameters match the championship event.

Quote Originally Posted by The359 View Post
    No, there is no tire or fuel usage in practice, unfortunately. The only way to test that would be to make an online room and make the parameters match the championship event.
    Which is a damn good idea.
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

Junior Potato
    Yeah. I think the fuel usage is amplified to give a bit of interest over a ten lap race.

Like what they used to do in GT3/4 with tyre wear.

Yesterday had to be one of my worst days for FIA races. I hadn't had any chance to practice Thursday or Friday, so I had to wait until I came home from work Saturday to get any time in. There were Top 24 Superstar races this time, and I thought I could at least get into the Manufacturer's event, so I really wanted to concentrate on that one. So I immediately did the Nations cup race with the Gr.1 cars, didn't expect anything great but points are points. Qualified decently, was as high up as 5th but fell down to 12th when I couldn't get a second lap time in. 1st lap was chaos, managed to survive most of it. A guy in front of me got loose, I slowed to not run into the back of him but couldn't pass as it was a tight section, but someone ended up slamming into the back of me because they thought they'd squeeze through. Instant 10s penalty for me, plus another light contact gave me 15s of penalty. Slowed at the end of the 1st lap, down to 19th place. Tried a strategy that didn't pay off, ended up 16th, lowest points score so far this season.

So I set out for the Manufacturers event, 2 hours until the Top 24. Practice and practice and practice, get down to within a second of the majority of the Top 10. The rules are that only the Top 2 cars from each manufacturer will make the event, so I'm just competing with the other Aston Martins. Unfortunately I missed the second part of that equation, which is that it is the Top 2 in the points who make the race, not the Top 2 fastest lap times. So I don't make that race, have to wait another hour for the final event of the night. More practice, no real improvement. I figure if anything the Top 2 guys who made the Shootout might have had bad races, if I can have a good race I can still gain some points. Enter the room, a lot of quality names in there but I'm listed near the top so I think I have a good qualifying time, and....the game freezes. I'm stuck on the loading screen with the list of players, and that's it. No further. From the sound of it a lot of people were disconnected so a lot of people didn't even score that round. So I ended all that practice with a big fat 0.

That blows.