Page 45 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Why not just RedBull-era Vettel all the races?

I have won 4 races in a row and am still listed as an E driver. I have won with over 14 seconds on one race. Tips?

I think it takes time. Your rating can only go up so much in a race, I believe. Do more races. I've been a B forever it seems like. I think it takes more good results to go from B to A than C to B, D to C, etc. I could be wrong. I haven't seen an actual explanation of the system.

Very next race I get a D rating, then the first turn some jackass dive bombs me. He ended up with 32 seconds of penalties. I still won the race outright, but my rating took a hit because of his asshole moves

I’m still waiting for a race that is graded even vaguely sensibly. Still got A people in every race. I’m doing ok and my rating should go up, but still what’s the point of grading if you then just throw all grades in the same race.
    And how can I get a pole position if it matches me with people who are seconds faster than me? Something has changed, I got all my pole positions in the first 2 days and since then not a hope. Sure drive faster! But I’m often the fastest qualifier of C/D drivers, but some A are then 2+s faster. Hey throw them in a race with other As! Let us slow pokes have some sort of chance of earning something.
    Although I confess - haven’t seen a single E rated person. Maybe it’s putting priority on the sportsmanship rating, being S I’m getting in races with other clean people even if they are much faster than me. I’m guessing E drivers can’t have sportsmanship that high.

So I just had a race, Qual 4th but 2s off 3rd and 4s off pole.
    It’s mostly D/C except the cars ahead of me, two B and pole is A
    I finish fourth with a good race, clean!
    But I’m 10s off third.
    Displays the winner and highlights it’s his 90th win
    Sure he is a good driver, but damn he can’t be getting much competition racing a pack of mostly D drivers
    Oh well I think I just have to learn to forget it’s graded and just suck it up and battle to keep a good mid pack position and keep it clean.
    Still only have a 4 clean race streak. Now it’s mostly broken by server failures! Had one where I was coming 4th at start of last lap and suddenly I’m catching the others. Oh that’s odd, they are slow or stopping... pass into lead! server disconnected!

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Well with the shift in start times for the FIA series, I'm effectively ruled out of any championships. I work nights, when all the races are being run. I used to be able to fit in the last race of the night at 12:45am/12:50am, but now the last races are at about 11pm when I'm at working, leaving my able to just run on Saturday and Sunday.

On the plus side the Daily Races are getting more interesting. 8 Laps of Bathurst at dawn and 2 laps of the Nurgburgring 24h layout in the morning fog have been fun.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

I've been trying to do the daily races but it's been a 15+ minute wait every single time and I find myself quitting and playing Rocket League where matchmaking is instant. I know GT:S is holding their registrations to let the pool build up and get good match-ups but I only have maybe 90 minutes in a given session to give to gaming and if I"m only getting 2-3 five minute races in it's just not worth it.

I did finally discover how to download liveries and apply them. Some really good ones out there, got a great Falken livery for the Cayman.

I usually use those 15 minutes to practice/qualify so I can do well in the race. I suppose you're looking for more pickup racing - jump in and go. It's hard for me to do that when SR is on the line.

-

I missed the first race of Season 3 as well, because I wasn't aware of the new race times until I logged on and saw they had already passed. I signed with Aston Martin this time. #stiffupperlip #jollygoodsir