Page 17 of 148 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Administrator
    Yeah, it's not surprising. I saw an article saying that it had PSVR support and thought "Wow, it's really impressive that they did that, and it's going to be a game-changer when it comes to VR adoption." Now I know why that announcement itself was surprising when I didn't know the details.

Given the massive amount of horsepower I had to add to my computer to get the Rift running, I'm not at all shocked that a normal PS4 can't power it. Interesting that they are targeting 60 fps on the headset, though. Rift targets a minimum of 90fps to alleviate nausea, but if your hardware can't maintain 90 it'll drop to 45 and do some fancy trickery to guess the interleaving frames to simulate 90fps. That's on the software side, not hardware, so it'll be interesting to see if PSVR can do something similar and maybe improve some of the visuals.

Junior Potato
    I'm pretty sure that Sony mandates 60fps for every title. But the screens each display 720p, and with the standard PS4 as a baseline, it'll have a hard time rendering that many pixels if GT is already pushing the hardware to its limit at 1080p. PS4 Pro could do better but you can't make that the baseline and cut out 95% of your user base.

Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    A quick tour of the livery editor.

Window banners
    Headlight tints
    Number banner styles (or none at all)
    So many manufacturer logos

This is my most anticipated feature, and I'm glad they took the best of the Forza feature and added to it.

And best of all they're using sensible camera angles for the wings and side mirrors. Go team GT!

Looks great Mirror horizontally/vertically
    Get that weak shit off my track

Lookin' good. Like the Forza one turn up to 11.

I'd love to see a grouping feature, where you block mirroring. So when you create a custom logo, you can mirror the whole side, but it won't flip all the layers within that logo.

Junior Potato
    Yeah that would be another great feature. It's easy to allow for it in Forza with a few extra button presses, but it has been an issue since day 1.

Very very sharp!

Junior Potato
    Sony has revealed a limited edition GT branded PS4 Slim. Notably not a PS4 Pro, as that would be worth upgrading to for this game.

Junior Potato
    Looking flash! The night time lighting effects look extremely convincing.