Page 1 of 148 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Junior Potato

Gran Turismo Sport

It's an indication of how much we now take an interest in this series, given that it's been a whole day since this was announced...

But hey, here it is

The next GT game will be called Gran Turismo SPORT for PS4 and it will feature the FIA Online Championship. It's an interesting partnership and I'm curious to see how it plays out.

There's no word that I've seen on what the rest of the game will entail as far as new cars, tracks, features and career mode is concerned, but there is a public beta coming out early next year so I'm sure we'll know heaps more by then.

So here's a trailer and a link:

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turism...ng-early-2016/

Junior Potato
    Speculation time!

What I'm hoping for - maybe even expecting - since this game is not called GT7, is a big focus on defined and expanded racing categories and real-world tracks in a similar vein to Project CARS, with a sprinkling of the best fantasy tracks from the game. They might shift away from road cars and customisation and save that for the next core GT game.

And while they're making a very multiplayer-centric title in GT Sport, it might be an excuse for them to forget (for now) about improving the AI system or updating all of the old PS2-era car models in exchange for truly revamping the physics and driving experience and pushing it up there with the best PC sims that we have available today. If this can be achieved than it'll definitely be worth it.

Actually, it sounds like a good idea. I could get into a series representing my country or manufacturer and skip the boring-ass SP grinding.

Yeah, I think PCars kinda found a great selection of race cars and road cars with a good track selection. It's not encyclopedic like GT and Forza, but it works great because of the multiple cars for each class, and close relationship to real world series. Hopefully, like you say, GT Sport will focus on something like that and really bring up the realism.

From that trailer alone, it would appear we'll be getting a lot of WEC equipment, which makes sense given the FIA thing. I hope they have some of those classics they showed in the intro too.

Here's what I've spotted:

Cars:
    Audi R18 E-Tron
    Bugatti Vision Concept
    Audi R8 GT3 (the new one)
    Mazda Vision Concept
    Aston Martin Vantage GTE (or a GT3 variant? Maybe they equalized the two classes)
    Meceredes SLS GT3
    Mazda ND MX-5
    Mercedes AMG GT
    Alfa Romeo 4C (I think)
    Lamborghini Veneno

Tracks:
    Nordschleife
    Brands Hatch

Also, I was just reading that the EA exclusive license to Porsche ends in 2016.

Junior Potato
    Doesn't EA have the rights to the first refusal for that renewed contract as well?

I seem to remember some rejoicing back maybe ten years ago when that deal came to an end but it ended up carrying on again.

Does anyone remember that Porsche Boxster Challenge game?

*shudders*

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Fuck EA and their exclusive licenses

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Is that an e-tron or just the old R18 Ultra that is already in GT6?
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

I was actually wondering that too. I thought it was the Ultra, but given the update R8, I figured it might be the E-Tron.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Cynical reply incoming:

This is a great thing for Gran Turismo...now they can avoid worrying about being the video game that has 1,000+ cars, when most of them are lower quality graphics, and they don't put the effort into making them high quality models.

They can strip down to a more pure "Racing" simulator and focus on other things.

November 15th release in North America in Japan, "some variance" in Europe

http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/19/117...lease-date-ps4
    Get that weak shit off my track