Page 77 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

So played for the first time in a while and it asked to me to enter my location, State then a region. Ok New South Wales. Region - um a few listed but nothing for a little town called Sydney. Hey we are only 5 million people.
    Not sure what genius set this up, but it’s an embarrassment.

It looks good though.

Maybe they are implementing cities one at a time.

Junior Potato
    It’s more efficient this way.

that never gets old!

Well, I guess I can add Suzuka to my blacklisted daily race venues. What a complete shitshow.
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

I was disqualified from the FIA Manufacturer race on Saturday. It was at Bathurst which I knew was going to be a shitshow but I wanted to run it because I have a vacation coming up and it will be difficult to run the required 4 races for me so I wanted to bank one. My qual time was 2:08 which was 5 seconds slower than Matt and 8 seconds slower than the record, but I figured if I raced clean I could pick up some places on attrition.

Started the race in 12th and really just wanted to hold position. Was doing decent in that regard except on my pit in lap I spun and gave up a few spots that I had been holding fine. Got a few of them back and spent two laps tracking a guy down that I had passed earlier in the race, he was the last one I could realistically get as we were on lap 10 of 11. Then this shit happens:

1. What the fuck was he thinking? Really if anything he should've rejoined after the left hander.
    2. Why didn't the game make him 'invisible'? It seems like there isn't much consistency on when cars go invisible and when they don't. I know it happens when people are not keeping pace, but I thought it also did it when cars were at a certain angle to the racing line. Clearly not.

I ultimately DQ'd because once I was bogged down in the sand I threw my controller across the room, an exceedingly rare reaction from me but I was pretty pissed. The best I could've did was last place as the cars that you see battling during the spin were the back of the pack. I was really pissed because despite not liking the track I practiced for hours and my race was completely shitcanned by that asshat.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    2. Why didn't the game make him 'invisible'? It seems like there isn't much consistency on when cars go invisible and when they don't. I know it happens when people are not keeping pace, but I thought it also did it when cars were at a certain angle to the racing line. Clearly not.
    I don't know how many times this has happened to me. Coming up on someone who spins or comes back on track at slower pace, they either un-ghost right as I get to them or the inevitable ghosting never occurs, and I crash into them, which gives me a 5-second penalty. Any race is effectively over with that kind of penalty, never mind the hit to your SR. This is one of the things I kept running into at Suzuka yesterday. I should have stopped racing, but I kept thinking I could turn it around and bring myself back up. End result is that I lost about 1,500 DR points and went from a SR of S to now just above C. 20% my fault, 80% the asshats.

1. He was probably thinking "oh shit oh shit oh shit." Didn't look to me like he had much control in the grass. Side note, unfortunately accident avoidance is part of racing, real or not. It's a skill that's worth developing. Can get real tricky when cars are bunched up behind you, too, because you not only have to avoid what's in front of you but try to avoid being hit from behind.

2. No idea. I'd imagine the way that ghosting system is coded has something to do with track data and it's probably pretty hard to make computers apply consistent ghosting protocol as humans might do.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    1. He was probably thinking "oh shit oh shit oh shit." Didn't look to me like he had much control in the grass. Side note, unfortunately accident avoidance is part of racing, real or not. It's a skill that's worth developing. Can get real tricky when cars are bunched up behind you, too, because you not only have to avoid what's in front of you but try to avoid being hit from behind.
    To be fair, I was surprised he made contact - it looked like Nate was going to get by. Accident avoidance is not a great skill of mine, I can't predict what people are going to do. The ghosting thing makes things worse, in my opinion - if there was no ghosting, at least I would know what to expect. That car sideways in front of me? I'm going to hit it if I don't avoid it. So half the time I drive off the track in anticipated avoidance, only to see the car ghost as I head off into the sand. Definitely not a perfect system.

Unfortunately, the further you get away from the S Sportsmanship class, the more unpredictable the drivers are. I feel like I'm in a downward spiral right now. I did a daily race at lunch at the full Maggiore layout and almost everyone had a SR of B. The flashing PENALTY notations were everywhere.