Page 41 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Vr iracing and a wheel is so fucking good.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    For some reason, I just cannot do GT's cockpit view. I use cockpit view in every other sim, but GT's throws me off completely.
    Have you tried adjusting the camera? You can move it around in the cockpit to better suit yourself. It's in the options menu while driving.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Administrator
    I have not, I'll have to give that a shot. I think my problem is that I feel like I'm sitting in the back seat in that view, so maybe that's it.

It can depend on how big your TV is vs the distance you are from it. If the dash/wheel doesn't appear life-size, yeah things are going to seem strange.

In the RS01 at least, it seemed like the eye view was from that of a driver all of 5ft tall. Got used to it after a few laps.

Had a race with Cuda. He ran away with it, as he should, I qualified 6th but had a slip on the first lap and fell back amongst a dirty asshole in an Evo he couldn't make a corner without riding or ramming someone. So my race was a bust, I think I finished 10th or 11th. But still, enough points to cancel my first crappy race at Suzuka.

I watched the replay after - yeah you were in the wars. Looked like some good dicing for a while to me, until it turned into a fistfight.

Typing with the controller is hard, so I tend not to say much in the online races. Was cool to find you in a race!

I was actually having a good battle trying to maintain the lead, until lap 2 when my challenger backed off in turn 2 or 3 (the uphill right). Seemed like he was a bit too nice there! We were having a good clean scrap.

That damn Mitsubishi. I watched him punt the guy in front of me off, then he turned down on me into the first turn without even attempting to give room. After he tried to dive bomb me a couple times I just set myself on getting rid of him, but I ended up screwing myself over.

I'm so frustrated that I fucked up Lap 1 on the uphill Esses, I had done so well on those in practice, just an inch too far and I lost it. That said, I was impressed to qualify 6th, I know you practice times had been a full second faster than mine.

Junior Potato
    I don’t race online as much as you guys but experiencing your first real bad race after two+ weeks is pretty good going to me. Public Forza lobbies were always a house fire of shit by comparison, except on very rare occasions.

Yeah these are by faaar the best online GT races I've been in. These mfr cup races, you only get one shot per round and they are long enough (10 laps usually) that you get a lot fewer turn 1 heroes setting a bad tone for the race.

What's weird is I get more tense at the start in these races than I do for the real thing. Haven't quite figured out why.

Maybe the pressure of performing in front of people who look up to you and expect you to be the best at this game?

All of my races have been clean thus far until the one last night, and even that was fine and all the mistakes were my own until that guy showed up.