Page 42 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

I don't think that many people recognize my PSN ID anymore. Been too long. Which is ok.

The early races I was in with Sport Mode were fraught with incidents and typical casual gamer driving. Thankfully leveling up seems to have gotten rid of a lot of that. The system at work.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    So the Decal Uploader is being phased in to a select few, but a few things I've noticed from the stuff that has been uploaded so far:

* If you download a decal, it can have its color changed to anything you like, unlike the logos that are in the game.
    * Decals can also be skewed and stretched, instead of simply resized like the logos in the game.'

Bryan, I did see in my feed that someone was working on your car, and the GT Academy/Nissan/PS3 combo logo has already been uploaded to the decals.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Junior Potato
    Coooooooool.

Hopefully nobody ruins it by uploading anything lewd, but this is something I’m looking forward to.

In other news, I plugged in my G29 shifter and had a few laps with it in GT Sport.

First lesson: I’m a lot slower and it’s hard to heel-toe and brake smoothly without real car G forces acting all around you.

Second lesson: yes, it’s possible to spin a nice stable car like a WRX in a fast corner But I did discover the torque split setting and went about trying lurid slides anyway

Third lesson: not a lot of the cars in this game are stick manuals, and those that are happen to be pretty slow, so they’re boring to use. All the fast ones are sporting modern flappy-paddle gizmos. Might have to pop the PC2 disc in and drive the Lotus 98T at a street circuit to get my fix…

I did discover one weird problem though: I’m still all left feet here after only an hour but on entering a corner if I miss a gear it won’t register, or if I try to change gear without clutch (which is possible in reality) it leaves the car in neutral and won’t do anything unless I pull a gear using the paddle. It’s an immersion killer when it results in you slotting random gears and pumping the clutch trying to get it to respond, while your car gracefully and slowly exits the track and finds the gravel.

But yeah it’s fun. The weekend is upon me and I’ll be spending some time getting to grips with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Let's talk endurance strategy.
    One of these days I'll test if TC off can be faster if you get it right. Sure seems like it's cutting in and holding back a bit in the higher speed sections where you don't need it. It seems real tricky to manage corner exits with TC OFF though, so it's probably worth it for all the low speed corners on that track. We need variable TC based on the gear you're in.
    I've noticed it definitely makes a difference for me to turn off TC when racing certain AWD cars - I would never try it on anything else

But the variable TC seems like a hell of an idea.

In other news, I've progressed to qualifying in the latter half of the Top 10 during the daily races, I usually screw up and end up clawing back to finish where I started. Maybe soon I will drag myself out of D class! Keeping that SR rating up, moving mostly between A and S depending on whether there are short tracks in the daily mix or not
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

My other concern with the decal uploader is whether or not they will start doing copyright strikes from companies or brands not in the game.

I'll ask and let you know what I find out.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    I'd hope not, as it's essentially free advertising for them. But nothing surprises me when it comes to corporates.

Had my first issue with online today. When registering for the Manufacturer Championship tonight, I noticed some of the race times were off and the schedule showed the Nation's Cup schedule. I entered anyway for the last race of the day. Matchmaking took place, and when I got to the warm up screen half the players had been disconected. The track never loaded and I was eventually disconnected due to "data loss." I tried looking up points to see if I got 0 or what, but the game crashed. Restarted it, and it crashed again when I tried to see points.

Hopefully this short test season is helping to work out the kinks. That stuff won't fly in an official FIA championship.

Looks like The359 got a race in, and won it too!

-

User AMS_Redline is hard at work on recreating the #05 GT3 GT-R. It's looking good so far!

-

Regarding TC, something changed with the update and now corner exits feel much more real in terms of managing wheelspin vs lateral slide ratio in high power RWD race cars. I've generally lowered TC to 1 as a result. While practicing for the Mfr race today, using the M6 GT3 at Lago Maggiore, I debated between 1 and 2. 1 was tricky to optimize exits in most of the low speed corners, which have pretty important exits. TC2 is safer, but can cause unwanted understeer sometimes. I wanted a 1.5 option. Could do that in real life.

Everyone in North America had a problem with Race 6 of the Manufacturer's Cup. I knew something was screwy last night when I saw, like you did, that the schedules were messed up, and instead of the usual 5 time slots, there were 10 for both Nations and Manufacturers. I also had no points listed for the Manufacturer's Cup, and if I attempted to load the Points Standings it crashed my game. Apparently many people who entered the Manufacturer races either ended up disconnected like you, or actually in the Nations Cup race at Bathurst...in Group 3 cars against other people with the Nations Cup Group 4 cars. So some people got easy wins from that. But, from everything I can see, they scored points toward the Nations Cup, not the Manufacturer's Cup.

I ran the last Manufacturer's Cup race, and did correctly load Lago Maggiore. But I noticed there were only 18 people in my room instead of the full 20, and the quality of field ranged from A drivers to D drivers. I recognized maybe two fast guys, everyone else was low grade people. I got pole and won easily without being challenged, the Viper was hooked up very well here. But checking my points, I have no score listed for Round 6 of the Manufacturer's Cup, nor for the Nation's Cup (I never ran the Nation's Cup race anyway, only have time for 1 of the 2 after work). So something went very wrong with the game for this round.

Short answer: Won a race, got nothing for it because the game shit itself.

Season 1 done, finished 16th in the Nations Cup and 12th for the US. Can't see my Manufacturers Cup results until I pick a manufacturer for Season 2.

Test Season 2 starts up today. Only 6 races instead of 7. Not sure which manufacturer to go with this time, split between Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin, or Porsche.