Page 110 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1474

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Doesn't explain not remaking their own tracks, but explains Spa. I doubt other tracks asking for that price. Road America would be nice

That argument doesn't really hold up for me when you consider that GT:S is just one of many racing options and the rest have Spa. If they want to say it's a symptom of being a PS exclusive then maybe, but the fact is their direct competitor has multiple iterations of Spa.

I feel like PD has a long history of 'knowing what's best for the user' regardless of actual user requests and their continued desire to make fantasy tracks is an extension of that. I follow a similar thread on a real world racing forum and there is a persistent theme of not being able to get into the game too deeply because of the lack of real world tracks. Why they are leaning on "OMG FIA!!!!! SERIES!!!" so heavily while simultaneously delivering junk like Sainte-Croix Circuit. All this while not satisfying the GT series fans by giving Trial Mount or Grand Valley back. They seem to like getting high on their own supply more than anything.
    Last edited by dodint; March 26th, 2019 at 03:30 PM.

I miss GVS, trial mountain, and Deep Forest

Junior Potato
    Japanese game development culture is very different to western game dev culture. In 2017 the team behind Splatoon on Switch were interviewed about their game and one of the topics that came up was players asking why their game doesn’t do this or they want that feature. They felt that it was rude or almost abhorrent that people could demand such and such a thing yet it is not their game that they are making; the developers are the ones making it, not the players. I’m not sure about how it affects the rest of Japanese media culture, but it’s certainly the way film and TV is made: at the whim of the producers, writers, and directors, not the opinion of the general public.

I feel that this sort of mindset has dictated the way that Gran Turismo has been made since the beginning, and it highlights the stark contrast between that and Forza, which had damage and body kits and paint and burnouts and engine swaps from the get-go. After years of asking, GT finally included a damage model and nobody gave a shit. And they revamped their physics engine to allow for real oversteer, so now the game is definitely on the sim side of simcade and is currently a serious esports title, whereas Forza sort of languishes in “nobody cares land” until the next iteration comes out.

To conclude, fuck Spa and fuck what people want. There are plenty of games which include Spa (some much better than GT and some much worse) while there are dozens of other great tracks that never get their place in the video gaming spotlight.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    For many years PD's claim about Porsche not being in the game, before the EA exclusivity deal, was that Porsche was too expensive for them to put the effort in.

As for giving players what they want, I feel like the three ovals exist solely to "give players what they want" since there is always demand for that sort of racing, even though it really has no place here.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

The fact that PD defines those as 'ovals' about says it all, doesn't it? Everything with them has a catch.

I didn't pay for the game, it was given to me by a Sony employee. I haven't played it in a while, I really need to just eject the disc and file it away.

Mind you, I reckon some developers go too far the other way and give in to butthurt "community outrage" bullshit.

No new circuit in this update.

Booo, I was looking forward to Sportsland SUGO....

Super Formula cars are fun though.

Going to be paint time again soon, Porsche 962C confirmed as coming to the game...