Page 118 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1474

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Very cool!

Jimmy is a neat guy, seems genuinely enthusiastic about everything.
    Yeah, I watch basically everything he puts on YouTube, except for the live streams. He's definitely a character!

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkylineObsession View Post
    Nice, we've got a couple of racers from NZ over there, so were keeping an eye on the standings. I think the final places they got were 5th and 6th.
    Did you meet Jordan Greer at all? Or Montoya?

I love New York, but i'd never drive there - or in the city. I was fine driving elsewhere in the US, but NY is just too chaotic.

And just to be different, i don't have that shirt.
    Montoya wasn't there for that day, he only appeared in Friday. They kept all the competitors and background people separate from the crowd, Kaz just happened to come out into the crowd after the races were over.

Driving to NYC is alright on a weekend. It helps that I only have to go about 100ft within Manhattan between the tunnel exit and the parking deck I use.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Junior Potato
    Three more of Stuttgart’s finest are coming to GT Sport soon.

First is the new Taycan Turbo S four-door next month. Second, the 917 Living Legend concept car that was unveiled back in May will be added to the game in early 2020.

Thirdly, rather interestingly, Porsche will be designing a Vision GT car for the game, to be revealed at a later date!

There's a couple of fluorescent and chrome paints in the mileage exchange atm.

I seem to recall somebody wanting fluoro paints. Or maybe that was ages ago, and everybody has everything.

Junior Potato
    I am on the lookout for the fluoro paints. I’ve even followed a twitter account that posts a weekly Mileage Store update.

This is the first week they’re back in the rotation, so the next month-or-so should see them cycling around again.

Hopefully R3 fluorescent will be along shortly and then I can finally release my Lark McLaren upon the world

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Next week.

Junior Potato
    Hey 359, do you have a Twitter handle?

Because I think your livery is being used here. It’s worth an @.

https://twitter.com/sharegameplay/st...540506627?s=21

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    I don't have Twitter, and it's not mine. My livery is missing the "Lady" script on the nose of the car in front of the hood.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Junior Potato
    I’ve come back to GT Sport a bit this week because I’m grinding out some Mileage Points in order to buy all the frickin fluoro paint chips that are available. I’ve taken a long-arse break from the game this year to play other things, and those other things have mostly been other sim racing titles on the PC. Real racing sims!

Some things about GTS have quite strikingly stood out to me, after having played proper sims for a while and gotten very in-tune with how they operate, and I list those observations below. But before I get to them, I’ll note something interesting about these other sim racing games; they all feel very similar. The general driving experience in these games has converged on a fairly uniform feel and sensation. That tells me that racing sims are doing something right, if they end up closely packed like this while they’re coming from different approaches. That’s not to say that there is no difference to each other; ISI sims like RFactor and Automobilista feel different to Kunos sims like AC and ACC.

GTS, though, feels different… in its own unique way. On to my observations!

While driving, the cars feel super-understeery. They feel nice and stable at high speed while making steering corrections to navigate gentle curves, but as soon as more serious corner presents itself, you better be prepared to wait for the front end to respond. It also feels like you’ve got to turn the wheel a whole lot more, but adding more steering just adds more lock to the front wheels and it doesn’t seem to have any effect. I’ll aim for an apex and feel like I miss it every time. It’s not classic understeer caused by a lack of grip, and it’s not a really low steering ratio. It’s somewhere in-between.

Related to the above, 4WD cars absolutely hate any sort of throttle application if you’re still winding off the steering out of a corner. The Porsche 919 with its hybrid front electric motor just ploughs terribly if you’re too eager to apply even gentle power via the right foot. I have to make a conscious effort to wait a little bit, lest I end up in the gravel coming on to the front straight at Le Mans. Driving Group B cars on gravel is tricky, but you can almost shut your brain off and mad-dog it Dirt Rally-style and still be fast… if you’re prepared to be cautious on the throttle.

The AI is abysmally, terribly, hopelessly awful. It’s always been that way, and I’m afraid it’ll stay that way. It seems as though the developer simply doesn’t care about AI. For them, the challenge comes from you trying to be fast enough to catch the leader before the end of the race, while they float around the circuit, lap after lap, braking in the wrong places and being utterly oblivious to your presence, rather than actually fighting a challenging field in a decent race. Maybe that will improve with the next GT title on the Ryzen-based PS5 CPU, but they also promised better AI when the 8-core Cell processor came out on the PS3, soooo, I dunno.

Perhaps related to the above comments on understeer, a lot of the driving dynamics in the game feel really amplified. It’s super easy to catch a slide, like, really quickly, and the feeling of going over crests and through dips is huge, among other things. In games like Assetto Corsa you’ve got to really listen to what the steering is telling you in order to know what the car is doing, and bringing that experience back to GTS makes it feel like the game is shouting the information at you. I kind of like it, but I am also conscious of it maybe making the game too easy to play. If I get used to it then it’ll take time to adapt back to the more challenging PC sims.

Other random notes: why can’t you adjust the FOV? Why does it take so damn long the slow down the Aston Martin Vulcan from top speed when it’s basically a racing car with slicks? How come the engine sound is still terrible? It’s a game that’s so very unique, and so very Japanese, and so different to other racing games. It’s always making odd decisions that seem to forever put it just outside the realm of achieving greatness, while also including things that add greatly to the experience. If it just did a few things a little differently it could be the greatest racing game of all time.