Page 12 of 148 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

GT does replays so much better than Forza.

Absolutely true.

GT's replays + Forza's livery system would be phenomenal. And probably exists in some PC game.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    I've saved more replays in GT games than i'd care to count. Got 1-2+ memory cards full of GT2 and GT3/Prologue/GT4 ones still.
    They honestly do them so well that i think i used to do a race just to watch the reply - never had that (odd) urge to do that in any other game series.

And yeah it'll be interesting how well the livery system in GTS will be. Hopefully they've played Forza, Need For Speed etc and built on how they do them - instead of starting basic and improving with each iteration.

GT replays is that screen that means it takes an extra 3 seconds to get back to the main menu. Only time I 'watch' them is when I let it run while I get a beer. I understand it's my own opinion but I put zero value on how good the replay looks. But I also don't understand b-spec mode outside of endurance racing co-driving. I just want to race, and until that's perfected (it's not, it seems) the visuals are just frivolous and detracting from the core value of the game.

When I rented Gran Turismo (1) for the first time, the replays are what absolutely shook the foundation of what I understood to be "good graphics". Same goes for my friend, same with my brother. That was quite a moment.

I had a dream last week that my colleague had bought a Lotus 2-Eleven and wanted me to drive it on-track. As I've never been near one, when it got to the part of the dream where I was driving it, it suddenly changed into a Gran Turismo style playback of a lap around Suzuka.

Junior Potato

Did you have all the on-screen lap counters as well?

So what you are saying was, it looked pretty, but the sounds still sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatScawt View Post
    When I rented Gran Turismo (1) for the first time, the replays are what absolutely shook the foundation of what I understood to be "good graphics". Same goes for my friend, same with my brother. That was quite a moment.
    I had a similar experience -- but with the 3DO.

Super Nintenwhat?!
    Last edited by novicius; March 29th, 2017 at 06:08 AM.