Page 122 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1474

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Junior Potato
    And of course I made a video of the race

Watch me brutalise this poor sap. I think it's hilarious that a car covered in Pokemon stickers won the race so convincingly.

Also I'm very humble about it...

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    God i hate the rolling starts in this game. Look how spread out the field is before the first corner! It's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineObsession View Post
    God i hate the rolling starts in this game. Look how spread out the field is before the first corner! It's stupid.
    Ditto, It makes Qualifying super important, and in Dailies it's just a crap shoot.

I don't run dailies since getting DR C as I loose enough points in FIA races

Junior Potato
    Oh man I’ve just had the most tense race. I’ve moved up to B now so my competitors are a bit faster.

I did the old “one more race” before I went to bed, but it was a dog ass of a race where I got caught in the top four and ended up with penalties. So I thought I’d redeem myself with one more good race.

I a tarted 3rd, which is an immediate disadvantage because you get the green light just as you exit the bus stop. The two cars in front of me set the pace and I couldn’t catch them, until the 2nd place car got an off-track penalty on lap 2.

I was second and losing time ever so gracefully to first, then made a mistake and pitted on lap 3 instead of 4. I rolled with it and used the slip stream off 10th place to gain some time. I was 11 seconds if first at that point. Two laps later and first place hits the pits. By then I’d settled for second, but lo and behold he exits pit lane right next to me. He must’ve wasted some time changing his tyres!

I muscled him for the lead into Eau Rouge and found him in my draft, but carefully planted my car on the apex at the end of the straight. He followed very closely for the rest of the lap. I’m thinking, I can’t do this for two more laps, it’s too stressful! But it looks like he made a mistake at the bus stop and fell back beyond 1.5 seconds and out of my slip stream.

But it wasn’t plain sailing. By lap 7 I’d built a 6 second gap, but it’s 10 past midnight and I’ve been racing all night and I’d forgotten if I’d put enough fuel in the car when I putted!

My heart sank at the end of the lap when the red text popped up telling me to pit. I spared a moment to pull my eyes away from the track to actually read it, and it said I had 1.2 laps of fuel left, just as I was literally about 1.2 laps from finishing. So I took it easy, fumbled around for the fuel mix dial and eventually set it a few notches down. All this while I’m navigating the course and stressing about the guy behind me, who was now closing that 6 second gap.

I lost the most time between Stavelot and Blanchimont, so I dared to turn the fuel up again. I coasted around the corner and hit the brakes for the bus stop, before crossing the line in first, 3 seconds clear and with 0.2 laps of fuel left.

I probably could’ve left it on full juice

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineObsession View Post
    LOL. How much you want to bet that if the field was more bunched up at the start, there would be tons of T1 L1 crashes and complaints about that?

This has started to annoy me more (I know, right?) now that I've been lapping Spa. What's with the .500 second time penalty for cutting a curb, but not enforcing it until more than a lap later? If you're doing a qualifying run that means you lose the lap you're on, and then the next lap as well. You have to bomb out and Restart or waste up to 5 minutes. Booo.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    This has started to annoy me more (I know, right?) now that I've been lapping Spa. What's with the .500 second time penalty for cutting a curb, but not enforcing it until more than a lap later? If you're doing a qualifying run that means you lose the lap you're on, and then the next lap as well. You have to bomb out and Restart or waste up to 5 minutes. Booo.
    Look for a change to this soon, people have discovered this and used it to exploit cutting the bus stop chicane and completing a lap before the penalty shows up, giving people super quick qualifying times or shortcuts on the final lap of the race. PD will probably fix the timing.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Cool.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    LOL. How much you want to bet that if the field was more bunched up at the start, there would be tons of T1 L1 crashes and complaints about that?
    Well, that's also a good point.

Yeah, because even the A ranked drivers still dive bomb on turn 1.....