Page 13 of 148 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Ape, Tyler - yes to your questions/statements.

I definitely B-Specced quite a bit on the... PS2? version of the game while I did other things, just because it was so nice.

Administrator
    Heh, I had a 3DO and I really remember it looking better than that.

I also like that apparently you can hit the highway patrol guy and he doesn't seem to mind too much.

Yep for its time it was stellar; absolutely nothing else came close.

I was smitten by the SEGA Genesis (1989), skipped the Super NES (1991) and then experienced the 3DO (1993). It was a complete game-changer and completely made SONY's Playstation (1995) an also-ran to me when it debuted. Everyone was gaga over the PSX and I was just rollin' my eyes... I had been playing NFS for over a year by that point!!

Administrator
    If only the controllers hadn't been utter, utter shit. I remember *trying* to play that fighting game that came out around launch, the Mortal Kombat knockoff. Was damn near impossible to hit a diagonal on that D-pad.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    So....I got an invite to the Closed Beta for GT Sport.

Haven't had a try yet, only just got the email. It's been in closed beta for a week or two now, but apparently I only now got the invite.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

I thought it was something you could sign up for? I was sent notification of it a few days before I saw Cuda playing, but I knew I couldn't do it so I didn't reply.

They are ramping up the number of testers in a controlled fashion. This is probably Wave 2.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I thought it was something you could sign up for? I was sent notification of it a few days before I saw Cuda playing, but I knew I couldn't do it so I didn't reply.
    You could apply, but apparently they didn't accept everyone who signed up, or as Cuda suggested, they're doing everyone in waves. I can't do the online play during the week when I'm at work, but apparently there are offline modes to test out.

First impressions from playing at 2am with just a controller. You start with a street Audi TT-S, a race modified Mercedes SLS, and a full GT3-spec Corvette C7, and Brands Hatch is the only arcade mode track. You can unlock a new car every day by completing 26.2 miles a day in any mode. I unlocked a race modified Corvette C7. It appears to be a random selection, not scripted.

* Holy crap is the HUD overloaded. Digital and analog speedometer, rev gauge as well as a seperate shift light gauge, icons for headlights and traction control and stability control and emergency brake and everything, gear information and suggestion, warning beacons for when a car is on either side of you, and a customizable section that allows you to pick radar, track map, or adjust various settings including brake bias, traction control, etc. Way too much, honestly. I hope a lot of this can be cut out in the full game.
    * Sounds are beautiful. The Mustang GT3 has a great burble on the overrun. The Corvette doesn't, which I wish it did, but each car does sound unique and, in my opinion, realistic.
    * Looks gorgeous. Watching a replay of a GT3 race at dusk, with all the headlights, it looks very realistic.
    * AI is usual GT shit, for the most part. Braking in places they shouldn't be, following weird racing lines, and every car seems to follow a pre-determined path. That being said, they do seem to be better at not turning into you when you get a nose up alongside them, and they do seem to race one another pretty well once someone can get close enough to pass.