Page 135 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1474

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Junior Potato
    How is your qualifying performance?

Maybe getting to the front early will be your best chance.

And then good race craft to avoid teh puntz after the green flag drops.

And maybe cover the inside for a while until you get into higher ranked / higher quality races... Unless you're already in the top split. In which case, um, qualify better and pray. No but really, it's usually pretty decent in the top split at least 50% of the time.

Junior Potato
    Yeah covering the inside is a good strat, but it isn't foolproof. It works well in close situations where relative speeds are similar, but at longer distances you're still at risk of a malicious mega-punt.

For people struggling, here's a YT channel you want to watch. Rory Alexander is by his own admission a very average driver, but he works really hard with what he has to make the most of the chances he is given. His race coverage is brilliant to watch, even if he comes last! Over the last few weeks he set himself the goal to get to an A+ rating, and having achieved that he is now aiming to get into top split. The last GT Sport video he made was uploaded a week ago, and you'll want to go back through his recent videos to get an idea of how he plans and conducts his races. He is very open and honest about his own shortcomings and that helps him find the areas where he can improve.

It's good stuff to watch. Here's a vid!

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    How is your qualifying performance?

Maybe getting to the front early will be your best chance.

And then good race craft to avoid teh puntz after the green flag drops.
    The last race I made a small error and cut a corner at one point and was penalized. Then I got a small nudge under braking and slid out into the grass to run slower than my penalized lap. My qual time was a 2'21 because of it.

I'm also an idiot and signed with the Viper, which is probably the worst car for Lago

I am going to put some serious effort into the daily race that is comparable to the FIA races.

Currently running hotlaps on the daily race 2 so I can get a better feel for the car I am running.

Lago Magiorre gpII(sp?). Started out all over the place, barely a clean lap, because I don't know it at all. I put in about an hour and FINALLY was getting the hang of the car again. I went from 2'02 consistent down to a 2'00.8 with a best possible of a 2'00.6. I'm still getting a feeling for the hill banked hairpin. Probably leaving a ton of time there. Honestly, I am just trying to get an idea on what I need to do. That still puts me off the top times by 4seconds. But all of the top times are mid Engined cars, and this track doesn't favor big and heavy FR cars. I should be able to grab a 1'58 if I keep fighting. But I don't know where I will get more time.

The viper is STABLE, and turn in is wonky, my best results have been to brake, ease off while turning in for a little trail braking action scrub down to apex, then feed throttle on corner exit. It's about the only way I can get it to handle at all. I enjoy the car. It's just not an easy vehicle.

I'll try and run some races tonight or tomorrow

Junior Potato
    Big Banky Boi is an absolute ripper in VR. A real stomach churner.

In the normal direction, you can brake at the 50 sign. In reverse, it is uphill so you can brake even later.

The track limits are very generous, so use all the concrete on the inside, straighten it out as much as you can, and get on the power early.

My weakness at Maggiore is the other hairpin (which seems to have 40 different lines on entry) and the right-angle corners near the start/finish line.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Polyphony has now downgraded Season 1 to exhibition status because the World Tour event at the Nurburgring 24 Hours has been cancelled. So I would start viewing this season as a practice and use it to learn and build yourself up. Take some of the pressure off.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Yeah. My ultra-competiveness my be the death of me

Look into track limits more as RWA said. Sometimes it pays to watch one or two of the top 10 replays for a time trial to see where and how people are driving. I've seen some crazy track "cutting" that you wouldn't do in real life be OK by the game, and some interesting driving techniques get rewarded sometimes, too.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    and some interesting driving techniques get rewarded sometimes, too.
    My favourite, that I've yet to take advantage of, is shifting a gear lower than required to rotate the car for extra turn-in, then immediately shifting up again. For example the T1 hairpin at Spa is a 1st gear entry but 2nd gear exit.

Another is using full ABS (because it's faster) and no TC (because it's faster). I'm weak so I still use TC.

People cite these as examples of GTS not being a true simulator. But all the fast guys do it and you're competing against them and it still comes down to skill so, mmmmeh!