Page 14 of 148 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Didn't one of the Prologue's having realistic exhaust notes but the full release dumbed it down (to display a few extra polygons), or am I imaging that?

So it's official - Porsche is in.
    GT3RS is in, but I presume there will be others. Maybe not a lot, considering how slow the GT team goes!
    The GT4 or something from the Boxster/Cayman family would be nice. Macan/Cayenne who cares!

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    https://www.gtplanet.net/porsche-off...turismo-sport/

Yee haaa! Hopefully they get the sounds right though. Not sure even Forza does?

But still, this is the most exciting news i've heard about GT for a very long time.

Junior Potato
    It's pretty good news!

I've also seen that European PSN accounts will have access to the beta starting this weekend. I'm not sure that it's fully opened yet, so we'll see.

Well I'll be beta testing the Spyder for them... just hope the cops aren't doing double shifts for double demerits. And the snow stays away!

I hear a lot of the 'Gran Turismo' sound in these Porsches. Not impressed at all.

Graphics and handling etc all look fine and will still buy the game, but yeah.

Junior Potato
    Flat-6 RR sowing machines.

Very digital sounding still.
    For all it's flaws, it's one thing turn 10 try to get right with Forza.

I don't see how Polyphony are constantly getting it wrong with sounds. It's like they have the actual sound there, but it's been compressed to shit to save space on the disk. Something along those lines is my theory, cos surely to god they can't think that the sounds are realistic given that the audio people likely heard all the cars in real life.

After watching a few more clips i'm starting to think about cancelling my pre-order of GT Sport and maybe get it six months later when half price or cheaper. This is significant, as i've bought every GT game since GT3 i think on day 1 of release, either via pre-order or going in to buy the same day it went on sale.

A comment i read somewhere sums all this up perfectly well; "What have PD been doing since 2013?". Pretty sure other games have been announced and released in that timespan (or close to), i'm not seeing why it's taken so long to make this game so far.

You're losing me Polyphony, catch up with the rest or you'll find no-one (as in 'not as many') buying your games anymore.
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; April 27th, 2017 at 07:03 PM.

I haven't played this game, but I've been watching a handful of clips on Youtube from the beta. It looks good. And it seems like it still has that "GT atmosphere" which I've always appreciated, obviously.

But one thing that is really irking me: do the controls looks super twitchy? Like oh my god, watching people play this game with a controller makes me want to lose my mind (especially evident in the 3rd person view). A lot of turns end up being a series of straights. Like a super low-resolution circle. A few videos I've seen on the Nurburgring show people taking the mini-carousel inside... then up and over.... then cut back inside... then up and over.

My only comparison at the moment is Forza. I can play that with simulation handling all day and not get that dreadful twitchiness / jerkiness. I don't know if it's a lack of feeling of lateral momentum, or an instant steering speed (1-to-1 with stick)? Or both?