Page 144 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1474

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Have all the task leaderboards been reset?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    So why do I get increased weight when "upgrading" weight reduction on some cars?

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Upgrading means that you can move the slider further in either direction. I don't know if the upgrade just defaults to adding more weight, but it should still allow you to adjust it.

Unless you're in an event that is running BOP, then the weight is set.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Have all the task leaderboards been reset?
    No.

Junior Potato
    Who’s the king? I finally won an FIA race

It was in a lower-ranked lobby tho. My DR is less a reflection of how fast I am, and more of how much effort I’m putting in right now.

But same rules still apply. Practise, qualify well, keep your car pointing in the right direction, hit all your braking points.

I drove it real casual the whole race, being very conservative through the final chicane, but my real weakness at this track (Dragon Trail Gardens reverse) is the long 4th gear multi-apex left in the middle of the lap; I spun it once during the race. My top two rivals were actually faster than me but they made more mistakes, so I didn’t lose much due to the spin.

I got the lead back because of fuel strategy. The leader pitted about three laps before I did and was 4 seconds ahead. Starting on the medium tyres, I went to lap 10 or 11 out of 18 (tank was nearly dry) and put on hards with enough fuel to get it to the end, so I spent more time on the better tyres and less time with a heavier fuel load. I came out in front of 2nd place with a 7-second lead. This checks out because the medium tyres were better by about 2 seconds per lap at my pace; fastest lap was a 1:38.

The tyre wear was almost non-existent for this car. It’s probably even worth it to leave the mediums on and do a fuel-only stop, switching to hards for the final lap.

So there you have it folks, take that knowledge with you and go win some races.
    Last edited by Rare White Ape; April 28th, 2020 at 03:50 AM.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Congrats bro. I've still only qualified 1st once and won one race so far i think.

I can't really handle online racing with randoms ( ) like that, as my heart rate just goes mental if i'm doing well because i don't know if the guy ahead or behind is going to ram me off the track or not. Usually it results in me making a mistake and ending at the back of the grid. So i still refuse to qualify and start/stay at the back if i think it's too risky.

Whereas racing online with people i 'know' (from forums etc) i don't have anywhere near the heartbeat issues that i do in Sport mode...

Basically it's the Driver Rating/Sportsmanship ratings that are stopping me from trying harder. Miniscule mistakes make them change, and i don't want to end up in the gutter with the rest of the cheaters through no fault of my own.

Junior Potato
    I wouldn’t worry too much about that. If your SR is good then you’ll most likely be paired in lobbies with clean drivers, no matter what your skill level is. And if you lose a bunch of SR it only takes a race or two to build it up again.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    My DR has been fluctuating between A and A+ for the past few weeks. I get into top rooms, do horrible, fall down the standings, then get into a lower room and sneak into a welin or some podiums, and it shoots right back up. It's frustrating to be not good enough to hang with the top tier groups, but too good to deserve to be in the second tier groups.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Junior Potato
    Well for me the interesting thing is that you can have a few weeks where you don't gel with the car/track combo or simply hate the track (hello Fuji!) and you just tumble down because you've made your mind up that you can't do it, but then you fall into a week where you kick arse and do extremely well in a particular race.

The week recently with the SF19 at Spa was one of those for me. I was always put top 3 on the grid and was able to pump out consistently fast laps every time, netting myself a few easy podiums.

But here is the interesting part: you gain a lot of DR and so your stats are artificially high, which means you're put into lobbies way faster than you and you feel like an impostor

Now, there's still no reason to believe that someone couldn't do well if they're in over their head. The week with Monza a fortnight ago was one of those for me; I found myself in a race dominated by a player named VLX_GTR, a scarily quick racer who has won a top split FIA round in the past. His quali time was five seconds faster than mine - enough for 4th in the regional top ten.

But I downloaded his ghost lap and set to work and got myself within 1.2 seconds of his. All I needed was a few strong finishes and I'd have gained a lot of DR, but those never came because other drivers are other drivers, even at the A/A+ level

I did manage one clean race with a fifth place though, and it felt good. It just requires the hard work needed to knock seconds off your qualifying time, as well as the patience to deal with on-track hazards as they come. Usually it's smarter to just let other cars through to avoid risking the trouble...

As for old mate VLX_GTR, I was on the grid with him again, and you know what? He didn't win every race. He must've been sniped into turn 1 and got held up a few times. He wasn't able to break free and run away with it. It happens to the best of us! I'm sure he just kept out of trouble and made sure it was a clean race, because a 2nd place in a fast lobby is far better than limping into tenth because you lost your cool and spun out.

There is a lot of truth there. I had a week where I really hooked up with the Cayman at Willow and my points went from 1 (D) to 12,547 (B).