Page 145 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1461

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    I think I have my Gr.3 Aston Martin dialed in nicely, two good races in a row for the Manufacturers championship. First race of the night was a test, finished 3rd because I didn't know what the winning strategy was. Second race, qualified 9th after I got balked, but managed to get the lead, had everything going my way only to mysteriously run out of fuel on the last corner, which I still can't explain. Finished 3rd again.

Knew I had a good shot at a win, but of couse I managed to move up into a higher quality room. Qualified 11th after a poor lap, but I started on Softs while most everyone else started on Mediums. Passed everyone to get the lead in 5 laps, but some of the more fuel efficent cars were able to slip by in pit stops so I settled for yet another 3rd place.

Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Junior Potato
    Ooof. Iíve just had amazing race but got taken out from the lead. Lobby full of 1:07 qualifiers.

SF19s at Laguna Seca, 15 laps.

It maaaay be possible to zero-stop this race on hard tyres. I was experimenting with this tactic since I had started 8th.

The leaders pitted and me plus the guy who started 6th were 1-2. He eventually spun, and then I got stuck behind a lapped car. Itís so frigging hard to pass here in dirty air and lapped cars are a bane.

The effective leader (started first then pitted) caught me up, then we had a battle on our hands. He couldnít pass me for the reason stated above, but ended up taking me out twice. First time he did the right thing and let me back through. Second time the field had caught us and I placed fifth.

I had to splash-and-dash on lap 14 anyway.

Next timeÖ

Junior Potato
    Posting again to confirm that this can be won with a zero-stop strategy, but not by me.

Someone faster than me had the same idea

Is that a daily race? Sounds like a great opportunity for some CART style action.

Junior Potato
    It is.

Be warned itís suuuuuper hard. Full concentration for 15 laps. And the cars are very different to the heavier GT cars.

Qualifying near the top is very important. Youíll gain time at turns 4 and 6 by slightly lifting and floating through in 5th gear. No brakes! The rest is just a matter of resetting your brain and cornering really precisely.

But during the race if you can keep it off the gravel you will do well. Everyone will start on medium tyres. Like I said last night, fuel save for a few laps while youíre caught in someoneís dirty air, then go flat out when they inevitably pit. If youíre within 10 seconds of the leader you will leapfrog them.

This tactic will work until everyone cottons on to it.

This car is a sweetheart ❤️

Had a few bobbles in the Daily race C. Ultimately climbed 9 positions and finished 3rd.

I netted 2k DR points from that race.

Why is it, I'm good at what should be a hard race, but the street stuff, I suck at?

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar

Streaming another endurance race in GT Sport. McLaren F1 GTRs at Le Mans for 2 hours.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Random information; I've been logging into the game daily lately to max out that ingame achievement, and at first i was doing career mode races (in order to also get the daily mileage/free car) but lately i've been creating custom races against the AI, always 20 car grids, and often on tracks i dislike/haven't driven on before, and then end up usually liking the track i wasn't fond of before because over the 10-20 laps i did of it i understood it better and got a good sense of braking points, racing lines etc.

So classic Goodwood i no longer dislike, plus Circuit de Sainte-Croix B and Sardegna - Road Track - B i've come to really enjoy.

Stupidly though, yesterday i decided to do 15 laps of SSRX in a Mercedes AMG racecar, which had a top speed of 317 or so after fully upgrading it. So that turned into a hour and a half long race... for 144,000cr.

Have also done 20 laps Willow Springs's Horse Thief Mile in a Mustang GT with 20 cars, was a nice race. I still think it's weird seeing 20 cars on a track in a GT game, it just seems like too many, after years of so few!

Junior Potato
    This weeks Faily Race 2 is at Spa, only three laps.

Theyíve moved the penalty zone to right at the bottom of Eau Rouge. Itís the worst spot possible.

Anyway, big question: do I try get my rating back up over 40,000 or do I let it tank further and have some fun with the plebs? Iím currently at 33,000.