Page 19 of 148 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

The only race cars I can remember hearing the tires constantly over the engines were the Audi R10s (and maybe R15)

Quote Originally Posted by XHawkeye View Post
    1) slow cars using their right blinker to indicate the R8 could pass on the left.
    Very unrealistic. It was a BMW.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    On the second page of every BMW's owners manual it says in red (maroonish) ink that indicator use will reduce the value of the car over time, because it puts wear and tear through the cables in the loom and on the indicator bulbs ($700 each for a mid 90's beemer, and they are the cheapest out of all the BMW cars ever made) and the indicator housing (will get light damage and can turn brittle from the constant on/offing of the lights), plus the stalk/buttons or whatever that active the indication system will eventually wear out/start underperforming.
    Says to use them at your own risk, as none of it is covered under any warranty. BMW is the only manufacturer to specifically state all this in writing, even going so far as leaving a leaflet saying the same thing, hanging off the stalk in brand new models since 2008.

So that's why not many BMW drivers use indicators, even here in NZ!

But anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Without clicking the vid I'll assume we're back to fawning over replay visuals?
    GT is about the only game series i've - infact it pretty much is the only game series - intentionally done a race with a certain car/against certain AI cars and/or on certain tracks with the sole intention of watching the replay of later on. For real. Ever since the first GT they've somehow managed to get the perfect replay camera views/angles so as it makes you feel like you're watching an actual race, or at least you are impressed by the visuals/realism.

Car detail/accuracy, replays and maybe a couple of other things are where GT has always excelled at and where personally i've never seen or played another car game that has better detail/replays (obviously the games out on current consoles/PCs look better, but only because there hasn't been a PS4 GT yet). Car sounds, handling etc they don't always/too often get right, sometimes it gets better but then the next game sometimes takes a backwards step again.
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; August 25th, 2017 at 12:20 AM.

I might buy GT Sport just to watch replays. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, but IIRC, you people also thought B-spec was a good thing. You bought a game so it could play with itself and you could ffwd to watch the good parts later. I don't begrudge you and am glad you're having fun, but from my perspective and how I enjoy the game that's just an absurd use. A fantastic feature for any GT game, to me, would be able to set the game to not auto-play the replay so I can have one less screen to have to load to get to the next competition.

Treating a novelty as the central focus of the game is just intensely strange to me. It would be like buying Rocket League and only watching people play Hoops.

Administrator
    FWIW, I know people who buy Madden games and almost never actually play them, they just watch the AI play itself. Not a lot of people, mind you, but they do exist.

I suppose this dovetails into the rise of e-sports. I'm guilty of watching people race in Forza and iRacing, and the occasional Rocket League match. But I'm doing it because I'm interested in the competitive aspect of it, not for the aesthetics. Those are there almost by coincidence.

I can't lump replays and B-spec together. I enjoy one and not the other. For me, the awesome replays were one of the unique things about GT1 that really wowed and hooked me. GT still does them extremely well, and the level of detail/scrumptiousness in GTSport is amazing.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Gran Dorifto!

I only used B-Spec for races i couldn't pass, or didn't want to/couldn't do (couple of the 24h ones - at least until they bought in the patch where you could save the game halfway through). It did feel like cheating, and i enjoyed most of the races so didn't use it/love it as much as others.

Oh, how I'd love to see another Gran Dorifto....