Page 20 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

There was a sequel... IIRC I even had a 3rd installment in the works at one point, with some pretty cool new stuff (360 entries for example). I don't remember why I fizzled out on that.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Dayum, thanks Google.

Yeah, I remember Gran Dorifto 2 as well. Both were pretty cool.

GT:S has been approved for manufacture/production.

"Gran Turismo at 4x HD Resolution, 240 Frames Per Second"
    So, there's 177 cars in GT:S, it feels like it's going down the path of GT5P, where the full version of GT5 came out 2.5 years later
    Are we to expect GT7 in 2020?

btw, that first quote is from 2008 for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
    I'm expecting to find out (in 20 years) that most of the time and budget on the GT series has gone to modelling cars in such detail that it's only visible in photo mode (even then the hardware can't display half the detail that is programmed in)

At least it can't get delayed any further at this point, and it looks good

This is going to be so meta.

I cross posted my Forza 7 refund post to my other board as there are a handful of sim racers over there, and some casual gamers too. I've mentioned that I have a friend there that works for SCEA and has been playing the game for a while now. He posted this in response to my FM7 rant, which included complaints about the tier system and stringent in-game economy and loot crates:

Having read [your post]..... you are probably going to have a lot to say about GT:S.
    So that's . . . ominous.

I'm all for a cash grab if it means some sort of a GT being released every year

I took it to mean that the progression that's so heavy handedly forced in FM7 is coming to GT:S.

I know it's from a pre-DLC world, but I liked the old way of being given a small amount of CR, having to make a wise purchase choice (MIATA) and then flogging the car through as many lower series as I can before I buy another.
    Or, the complete opposite model (Project Cars/iRacing) where everything is available as soon as you're done watching the intro video. Anything in between is a real pain.

Junior Potato
    Yeah I liked the old way in the early GT games in having to pick your first car, (I picked a Demio in GT2!) then going on a journey with it through the Sunday Cup and turning it into a poorly balanced BEAST of epic proportions that wheel spins everywhere while smashing the AI, before moving onto something slightly faster, like a Silvia or a WRX Wagon.

Those were the days.

The early grind in GT3 was fucked though. My MX-5 was with me for a week because the payouts were so low. I ended up having to use it in an endurance race against other MX-5s in order to win proper cash, and immediately bought the GT500 Pennzoil Nissan GT-R.