Page 26 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Ditto. Can’t wait to try it out.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Downloading it now. Only so wifey can d/l it under my name on her PS4, so that we can both play it.

T300RS GT and Playseat Challenge ordered. Seemed like a decent budget combo for what's out there. I think I would have liked a more sturdy rig but being light and easily moveable (plus foldable in some way) is kindof important in front of the TV, and the Evolution's center post would get in the way of the brake pedal on a 3-pedal system with hard-mounted pedals. Limitations of current hardware and mounting solutions. Back in the day with my Bob Earl VRC (hi Billi!) and its center post, my DFGT 2-pedals were simply placed whereever I wanted them, no hard mounting necessary because pedal pressure was so light.

I eventually want to get a proper hefty sim rig setup going and if I do, I might transfer the PS4 over to it and sell the Playseat Challenge. GT Sport looks so good on a big new(ish) TV though... a mere monitor might not cut it. And I don't think Sport has triple-screen support to make up for that.

Junior Potato
    Good choices! My Playseat Challenge will arrive next Tuesday but for the wheel I went for the Logitech G29. The T300 might be better (and you can buy those awesome Formula and Alcantara rims for them), but it’s a fair chunk more expensive than the G29, and I got a free copy of Project Cars 2 with it. I also got the shifter pretty cheaply as well, which I intend to mod to make stiffer as well as adding a taller knob. Also on the shopping list are zippy ties for cable management and mounting screws.

Now, I could have waited until the seat arrived and picked up that and the wheel together, but I didn’t. I just wanted to get it home and open it and fondle the paddles and smell that sweet leather. It’s so sexy, with its red dial and blue stripe and the LED rev lights. I can’t wait to set it up properly.

Next up, Bryan, we live in the blessed age of PC-like sims on console. Are you the sort of guy who’ll be tempted to try out PC2 and Assetto Corsa as well?

I have always had my eye on the playseat challenge. Let me know what you guys think.

I'm sure they would get a chuckle at the former winner of NISSAN GT Academy having a go in that fancy lawn chair

Downloaded game enabled patch. Other packs not downloaded (maybe the server is too busy).

No time to play until maybe next week.

'Round here the T300RS and sometimes T300RS GT seem to be competitive price-wise with the G29. I just looked again and Amazon raised the T300 GT price over $100 since I ordered yesterday. B&H still has a good price.

Cable management hardware is a great idea. I think I will look for some velcro straps.

My Playseat is coming all the way from the Netherlands so it might be a little while before it gets here.

I might do PC2 or AC, but most likely on PC when I build a new system so I can go triple-screen or VR. I played AC on PC at a friend's house on a Sim Seat last week and enjoyed it. They didn't quite hit the mark on the way the GT3 GT-R drives, but the GTLM Porsche 911 felt fun.

One other big improvement from past GT games is the AI. I actually am having fun racing them. They're not so afraid under braking or anytime you get near them anymore. There are a few spots I've seen where they still do brake early or go slowly (second half of the "swimming pool section" chicane at Dragon Trail for example) but they're much smarter and more aggressive now.

The mission challenge with the GT3 cars at Interlagos has been a good fun challenge. The first time I didn't quite have the speed to catch the leader and pull off the win. The second time I tried a different strategy, which put me further down the order initially on the first lap out of the pits. Had to do more battling to get towards the front.

Side note, I do enjoy taking completely different pictures from the same moment on track sometimes.

When I caught the lead group, it was a hard battling tight group of cars. Never seen this in a GT game before. I made a lunge down the inside into T4 and made it work without shoving the Hyundai.

It was then that I realized I had miscalculated my fuel. In the infield section I had to back my fuel trim all the way lean and block the 2nd place car which was now the Audi. Coming out of Junção I thought to myself "how dirty am I going to have to play this to win?" The FIA would have disapproved of my weaving on the straight. Still, the smarter AI managed to get a nose alongside me. I rubbed, I squeezed, and the Audi kept its AI foot planted. And then something really cool happened, just like it would have in real life. I got hooked towards the wall.

I didn't win. But I had a good time and I shouldn't have won driving like that in real life. Great to see the game get something like that right.

Two big thumbs up for the realistic races.
    Last edited by CudaMan; October 16th, 2017 at 12:39 PM.

Junior Potato
    I had fun driving that car. So front-wheel-drivey. Just hit the brakes, turn, plant the throttle.

I had no trouble getting power oversteer if I was too aggressive with it.