Page 27 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    sounds good. I definitely want to try this....once I get a wheel....and a racing seat.....and want to try in VR....oh, I need a PS4 also

PS4 Pro if you want to try VR.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I want to race online with Cuda just to see if I can keep him in sight so I can observe what this "racing line" is I've heard so much about
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

Watch some of his runs from Nationals and you'll get a feel for it; made me want to quit everything motorsports related.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    PS4 Pro if you want to try VR.
    The Pro offers no tangible benefits for VR, unfortunately.

I thought the regular PS4 wouldn't support the PSVR at all.

*checks*

I was mistaken, PSVR works with either system and only certain games get an enhanced VR experience with the Pro: https://www.roadtovr.com/playstation...now-confirmed/
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Watch some of his runs from Nationals and you'll get a feel for it; made me want to quit everything motorsports related.

Maybe I should just settle for "I finished within ten spots of him in an online race!"
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    I thought the regular PS4 wouldn't support the PSVR at all.

*checks*

I was mistaken, PSVR works with either system and only certain games get an enhanced VR experience with the Pro: https://www.roadtovr.com/playstation...now-confirmed/
    I’m mistaken too, but on the opposite side! I thought that PSVR didn’t take advantage of PS4 Pro

It would be VR suicide (VRicide?) if it didn’t work with base PS4 hardware. Pro consoles make up only a fraction of the overall PS4 user base, and you want to sell things to as many potential customers as possible. According to a quick google, 20% of PS4s currently sold are Pros, but that is not accounting for tho 55-odd million base PS4s that were already out there. Sony has been very careful in making sure that the user base between the two consoles hasn’t been split, and I’m sure that Microsoft is doing the same thing.

The good thing about the matchmaking system in GTS is that drivers/players of any skill level will be placed with people of similar performance as ratings get sorted out.

The Driving School combined with cone markers actually makes a pretty good tool for learning the line and other cool things. I like it better than the traditional colored stripe on the road. That feeds you. The GTS system teaches you how to fish.

Junior Potato
    Oof.

12GB day 1 patch.

I don’t know how digital versions work, but that’s what I got upon inserting the disc and firing it up.

Like the beta, nothing works unless you’re online. Except arcade mode. If you pay for it you get arcade mode. But all the tracks outside the first five are locked out unless you’re levelled up. And that requires being online.

That’s about four hours away for me.

This can go sit in the naughty corner along with Microsoft's Xbox One UI.