Page 33 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

License Test 32, Corvette at Dragon Trail, I just couldn't get enough of it. You really get to grab the car by the scruff of the neck and just hurl it around the track. A ton of fun.

You'll enjoy the time gate mission at Willow.

Oh, and snap oversteer from a FWD car is certainly possible. Try driving a FoST with a big rear bar at the limit sometime.

Junior Potato
    Or any regular car beyond the limit

Junior Potato
    Any my Playseat arrived finally!

It’s excellent. Really comfortable. It’s the perfect thing for living room racing.

Less good is the G29 wheel, but I knew that coming in. I’d love to get the T300 eventually but the coin doesn’t stretch that far at the moment.

One thing I did to make things a lot better was to reduce the ffb sensitivity down to 3 and leave the max torque at 5. Or was it the other way ‘round? I’ll check when I look at it again. Basically at the standard values it was saturating the detail from the road and I couldn’t feel anything. Now with the [something] reduced to 3 it’s so much better. Now I can fang around like a true racer boi again. Hell yeah!

Later tonight I’ll be playing Dirt Rally on the PC to see what real fear feels like.

The Playseat is great. I miss mine, and my G25.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Oh, and snap oversteer from a FWD car is certainly possible. Try driving a FoST with a big rear bar at the limit sometime.
    Russ said the same thing.

The specific situation was the Civic R at BH Indy. When you come around the big sweeper where Pit In is if you lift off the throttle the car will careen to the outside of the turn and 'violently understeer' if that's even a thing. It's as if you've just hit a patch of ice and the car goes off on a straight tangent to your line. As we mentioned earlier, it's really pronounced on the slow cars. I had no problem whipping the Cr.3 Corvette around Willow.

Junior Potato
    I didn’t get to playing Dirt Rally, instead I went back in and did a bunch of solo hotlapping in the circuit experience mode. I learned something new: I could shave 10 seconds off my Nordschleife time in the BMW just by turning the wheel more and carrying more corner speed, although in doing this it feels like I’m ploughing the car through the turns, which is weird. It’s only the first day so I’m still getting to grips with it.

Bryan, I’m dying to know, and you’re definitely the best authority in this, but have they nailed the handling of the GT-R GT3?

I wasn't even paying attention to that when I drove it for the one licence test or mission or whatever it was. Someone is making a #05 livery when the image upload feature becomes available and I'll probably give it a proper drive then. Although, looking around last night at the popular photos/liveries in game, I saw a lot of anime characters on cars which suggests to me the feature is working. Maybe only in Japan?

People have made those in Forza using just basic shapes, so it's not necessarily available already.
    Get that weak shit off my track