Page 34 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

I haven't seen any online liveries at all but I haven't looked since maybe Sunday.

It's annoying to me that, it seems, most prize cars are handed out white and it's difficult to change the base color if it's a Group car that already has decals. I wanted to change the Gr.4 Corvette from White to Blue with the stock decals but it kept taking them all off.

The liveries with what appeared to be custom decals that I saw were in the Discover section, not online racing (still haven't gone online yet). If people can make intricate anime characters with the shapes GTS provides, they're fucking genius artists with a lot of time on their hands.

Speaking of liveries, maybe you Forza regulars can shed some light on livery use etiquette. I know Forza had a marketplace system and GTS does not, but if someone posts a livery publicly on GTS and makes it available to download, is it fair game to use that livery for myself online or is that frowned upon?

Fair game. We typically enjoy seeing our liveries used. Forza (6) will tell you who made the livery that each driver is using while in the lobby, as well, so it's good advertisement, and doesn't really let people try to take credit for someone else's work.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Forza also gives the creator a wee in-game credit boost if people download a livery or logo design as well.

Go for it!

Cool, there are some sweet liveries out there.

I also played around with FFB settings in-game a few days ago with the T300RS. I picked one of the tests or mission challenges with a full lap at Brands Hatch, and changed settings independently to figure out what they did.

The top setting, strength or whatever it is, didn't seem to have to big an effect on things but higher settings did tend to feel over-saturated and a bit more muddy at the limit. The actual force required to turn the wheel in general wasn't changed as much as I would have expected. I felt the FFB was more than high enough for my style so I set it at 1. I actually wouldn't mind strong FFB for bumps and so on, maybe even turning forces to a degree, but I think the way it's done in GT it can be unnecessarily straining in longer corners. Hard to put my finger on it. Plus, when sim racing I steer with my traps a lot (I have no idea why!) so they get really tight and burn before too long. Doesn't happen in real cars.

The bottom FFB setting, sensitivity, has a much greater effect. I started by turning it up. Not a whole lot different I didn't think. Subtly quicker maybe. Then I turned it low. It was practically un-driveable. Steering response was slow and delayed. Very unnatural. Had to turn that right back up. The default setting of 5 is the minimum I would run. I settled on 7 with the T300RS and it felt good.

Then yesterday I sold my T300RS literally right as the FedEx man was bringing a T-GT to my door. Timing! Long story short, GT invited me to a private event back in February along with a few other Academy grads. We had the opportunity to race for a T-GT, I won, but the wheel was far from being released. I checked in a week or two ago and I hadn't heard back by the time GTS was released, so I bought the T300RS GT. Lo and behold, the next day I get confirmation that a T-GT is going to be sent my way. Of course. After a couple nights with it, I can say the T-GT is a definite upgrade. I wasn't sure what was different under the skin other than the vibration feedback device (I think it's roughly like a Buttkicker built into the wheel base). The T-GT is faster, more nimble, more nuanced, more direct. Easier to catch slides. The T300 isn't bad at all and in isolation it's perfectly driveable. I don't know if I'm any faster with the T-GT - I didn't do much serious lapping with the T300 - but I bet I'm more consistent and I feel like the mud has been cleaned away from inside my wheel, if that makes any sense. The rumble effect is actually quite well done, not overdone. It adds to the experience rather than takes away or distracts. I can't say it's a must-have, but it's cool. The wheel is solid-mounted to my Playseat so it even makes my seat/chassis vibrate a bit at times, which adds to the experience.

Oh, also, more of the buttons are within easy reach with the T-GT compared to the T300. Big ergonomic difference if you ever use your thumbs for actions on the wheel. And the four knobs on the T-GT are great for GTS. It even makes per-corner brake balance adjustments possible, for example. Or at least a lot easier. And finally, the materials are a couple notches more premium all around on the T-GT.

If you have the means.... etc.

-

Today I ventured into Sport Mode for the first time. It was... interesting. I did the Evo race at Kyoto Driving Park. Had a qualifying time that put me on pole by a couple seconds. I finished 11th out of 11. It felt like everyone had more grip than I did. They were running me over in the turns. I couldn't figure out wtf was going on. Even in the gentle turn 1, which isn't a braking zone at all, I got hit hard from behind and the guy who hit me went into the outside wall, and *I* got a 10 second penalty for it. Crazy. So I let about 5 guys go while I slowed down offline after that. They kept coming, divebombing me and generally driving around me like I was the only clown who showed up on 500-treadwear all-season tires. It was maddening. I couldn't get the car to do what it did in qualifying.

I ran a second race right after, and this time entered the warm-up just before the race started. Everything felt like I remembered from qualifying before. I was on pole again by a couple seconds for this race. This time I held the lead out of turn 1 and started to pull away to an eventual big win. No issues. From there I qualified for the Dragon Trail race and entered a couple of those. Again I survived the turn 1-2-3 kerfuffles and started to run away. Car felt normal.

So two things:

1) I'm not sure what happened in my very first online race. I thought at the time that online physics were different from otherwise, but in subsequent races I didn't feel that. Was it because I didn't enter warm-up for that first race? I'm doubtful that would make a difference.
    2) Seems people are still being pretty brazen in close racing situations, despite the SR system. I think there are a couple reasons - it seems to take a while for SR to actually change either way, and a lot of these races seem to be very short which encourages casual racing and an ain'tcare attitude. Get some longer races on larger tracks with more of an impact on SR and I think some of this will go away. I'm hopeful when my SR eventually does go up, and/or my DR goes up, I'll be paired with more thoughtful racers. The fact I'm consistently on pole by 2+ seconds today tells me either not many people were online for the races I was in, or DR/SR has more of an impact on matchmaking than qualy times do.

-

One last thing for now. Anyone successfully driven the Bugatti Veyron Gr.4 car? Every time I get in it the upshift paddle does nothing and the downshift paddle upshifts. So you can imagine this won't work.

Yeah, I don't like that Evo race, even people with a "B" sportsmanship rating feel more pressure to hammer cars in corners in the shorter races because there's just not much time to recover from being left behind. And that Kyoto track doesn't really have a lot of passing zones, and that shift from 4-5 is a buzzkill, so I'm fighting the rev limiter at the kink in the back straight . I have a lot better luck overall in the two longer races that are available currently.
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    The anime liveries are indeed made with in game shapes. If there were any custom decals, they'd be under the Decals section of Discovery, which is currently empty.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

The daily races have been updated...that Atenza race around the tri-oval is actually more fun than you think it will be during qualifying.
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

The insane lighting coding really gets a chance to shine in Scapes.

Just did the driver's school #39 with the Audi. If you max your fuel trim, and bog the engine in 6th, and keep boost down, you can make the lap without pitting, and you will easily be 5+ seconds otherwise.