Page 37 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    This was the one with no pit stop on the night city course, the other cars were not fuel limited, you were just expected to conserve on the lap.

There was the one where you pitted and raced against the 488 around Brands, then the one you pitted the GT-R, and then this night one was next.
    The 488 one, you don't need to pit.

Right. Except the 488 is going so slow if you pit for one lap of fuel you still beat it by several seconds. It's a weird challenge.

I seem to be a solid 8/9 qualifier in the daily races. Never going to increase my DR from D to C if I can't move up more than a couple of positions in a race.

But whatevs, the Mileage Rewards shop updates at 8PM tonight and daddy needs some new wheels.
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Right. Except the 488 is going so slow if you pit for one lap of fuel you still beat it by several seconds. It's a weird challenge.
    Crazier part. I've tried both methods, fueling vs not fueling, and was on average 5 seconds faster by not fueling. Pretty dumb to have a challenge which you don't even need to partake in.

Dat Mileage Rewards shop. I love it.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    I finally got gold in the Porsche LMP1 race. The AI LMP cars occassionally get stuck behind the GTs on the front stretch, so that helped. Did two stops, on the last one I short fueled.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

The all gold driving school prize car is so perfectly GT in both it's ability to stay on brand and be a huge disappointment. Got to hand it to them, really.

Spoiler:
    Nissan GT-R Pace Car

Haven’t got gold yet on the LMP1 or the 15 min high speed.
    Found both quite tough, not sure if I’m using the right strategy or just not driving well enough (or both)

Let's talk endurance strategy.

I did the 30 lap Mission Challenge with the 911 RSR at Lago Maggiore. My strategy developed over the first couple laps to be fuel trim around 5, pit on lap 10 and lap 20, no tires. Halfway through my second stint I began to wonder how long a tire change was and if it'd be worth it with faster laps. I decided to throw Softs on for the last stint. Ultimate pace was about 4s faster per lap (I think I did a 1:58 on them) on fuel trim 5. But they started to wear quickly about halfway through the stint and I think my last lap was a 2:01 or so. I didn't time the pit stop but it didn't seem like tires took more than 5 seconds so they were definitely worth it. I wonder if Mediums would be more consistent but still appreciably faster than Hards. If I do it again I'll probably try M/M/M on a similar fuel strategy. I suppose I could even try Trim 6 and extend both first stints as long as possible, then sprint on Softs the last ~8 laps.

I ran a few laps in Arcade to warm up for this enduro, and changed rear camber to -2.0, and took all the downforce off then added 30pts of front downforce.

One of these days I'll test if TC off can be faster if you get it right. Sure seems like it's cutting in and holding back a bit in the higher speed sections where you don't need it. It seems real tricky to manage corner exits with TC OFF though, so it's probably worth it for all the low speed corners on that track. We need variable TC based on the gear you're in.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    What race cars use traction control these days? I think the GT (R8, GT-R, M6 etc) cars do don't they? Always feels like cheating, using it.