Page 61 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Junior Potato
    Also, feel free to use those svg files next time you get stickers made. Your sticker person will love you a lot more if you give him those than if you ask him to convert raster images

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Dayum, you bloody legend.

Thanks a lot man. I'll go on a 'liking' spree for anything you share in game.

Will let my brother know too, and will send him the images.

Junior Potato
    It’s alright bro, happy to help

Plus I get to learn more ins-and-outs of Adobe Illustrator.

Spent blimmen ages trying to find a scape with the right lighting for the R32 single shot, as it kept either looking too shiney or too dull. Like, i was up till 1:30am trying, but gave up and took these shots this morning. Still not happy with the R32 one.

I'm finding myself being even fussier with pics than in the past games, as because the game can look so realistic now i don't like keeping photos that make it look like a video game!
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; July 9th, 2019 at 05:58 PM.

That full lap of the 'Ring in the Circuit Missions is going to be the death of me. I see our tame racing driver has beat the gold target by about 20 seconds, which is funny because I need to make up almost that much time (16 seconds) to get gold.

Speaking of unfair matchups, why do I keep getting put up against people with driver ratings of A? I am in a cycle where I don't qualify well and can't really move up. I had a DR of B at one point before the Clean Races Streak Attempt, I slipped down to D during that time, worked my way back up to a high C afterward but am now back down to D. But hey, my Sportsmanship Rating is still S.

I guess I need to just face the fact that I'm not very good
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

I think SR has a significant impact on who you're matched with. It's not just DR. And I think that's a good thing. Clean drivers get to be matched with clean drivers more often. Maybe spending a little more time practicing a car/track combination can get you a few tenths to start further up the grid.

I did the opposite for a couple of Daily Races yesterday. Three laps of practice/qualy in the RX-7, jumped in a race 8th or so and finished 5th, doing a couple more qualy laps before the next race which by then I'd figured things out better and led start to finish. Then I did something that turned out to be really fun - the Gr4 GT-R at Brands Hatch with 1 practice/qualy lap (all I had time for before it started). It's not a hard car to drive at the limit so there was a ton of great hard racing with the SR S drivers. And yeah a little bumping from time to time too. I started 12th and finished 5th, and it was one of the more fun races I've done in a while. Some good dicing and some moments where 3-4 people were all challenging each other into a corner.

On the 'Ring Circuit Experience, A) knowing *all* of the track well is worth a lot of time in some sections that don't flow very naturally, and B) TCS only slows cars down unless they've changed that in a recent update.
    Last edited by CudaMan; January 9th, 2018 at 09:29 AM.

Yeah, some of my problem is not spending enough time with qualifying, admittedly. But I'm finding it difficult to pass people without contact, it's like I'm just a bit faster than they are but they are not driving badly enough for me to be able to pass without being a dick about it. I feel pressure to stay up on them because I have people coming up behind me and I need to hold my position, but in reality, I would probably benefit from hanging back a bit to be able to take a superior line through a corner that would set me up for a better exit speed instead of having to slow down to avoid hitting them, but then I've got someone driving up my tailpipe. It's tough.

As for the 'Ring, I'm down to 7:01, those last four seconds are going to be murder. I totally get the TCS bit, but I don't dare bring it down from 3 because it's already a bit squirmy on corner exits. Guess I need to man up, drop TCS down to at least 2 and work on throttle modulation.

What car is used for the Nordschliefe Circuit Mission? Saving the Ring for last, as it's my favourite track.

I know every bit of that track, and where the bumps are and where the road curves etc. Terrifying hooning along it in a bloody fast car, but awesome fun at the same time.

Sort of similar in Forza, except there's more frustration involved, due to the lack of traction the cars have and the sheer arseholeyness of the instant slow down run off areas (not that i cheat, but if i make a mistake i want a chance to correct it).

If you're not using pedals, throttle modulation can be pretty tough indeed. I'm sure it's possible to beat the Gold time with TCS on. It's just that I noticed a while back that TCS would cut in in places where it shouldn't, ever so slightly, often enough that it'd cost a little bit of time. I used to run it on GT3/GT4 cars to be realistic, but when I found out it was slowing me down on straights I abandoned TC altogether. Even if it's set to 1 it'll slow the car down in this way.

People often tend to think of wanting to be first into the corner, but often it's about being first *to the next corner*. You can pass a lot of people by fooling them into going in too deep. Pressure from behind does add a lot to the difficulty level in managing passing opportunities without losing positions.
    Last edited by CudaMan; January 9th, 2018 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineObsession View Post
    What car is used for the Nordschliefe Circuit Mission? Saving the Ring for last, as it's my favourite track.
    BMW M6 GT3 Walkenhorst Motorsport '16