Page 66 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    My only concern with the change in the penalty system now being on a timer, is that if you're in a big pack of cars on a tight track, pulling off to the side and coasting may lead to accidents. Imagine being in the middle of the Nordschleife and getting a penalty. You can't wait for the straight to coast.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

BUY... oh wait, I already did! Great additions.

Quote Originally Posted by The359 View Post
    My only concern with the change in the penalty system now being on a timer, is that if you're in a big pack of cars on a tight track, pulling off to the side and coasting may lead to accidents. Imagine being in the middle of the Nordschleife and getting a penalty. You can't wait for the straight to coast.
    You're right. Or Monza, not a whole lot of room to slow down without causing a wreck, aside from the back and front straights. Not to mention the Tokyo Expressway tracks, holy hell.

I did one daily race today, the Gr. 3 cars at the new Blue Moon Speedway road track. Didn't get any penalties myself, but did witness some schlub in a Corvette forcing his way through the pack by brute force, only to see him at a crawl on the side of the track a short time later, waiting out his penalty. Didn't see him again after that I like the idea of the new penalty setup, but it's going to cause me to either avoid certain tracks altogether for Sport races, or run them without qualifying and use them as an SR farming exercise.
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

The penalty system has really damaged the game for me. If you reach S rank any sort of contact, either from you or from another car, earns both parties a timed penalty, and some of them can be very harsh. My Sportsmanship Rank fell from 99 to 76 in one day.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    I'm still avoiding online racing in GT Sport.

Sometimes i boot the game up, think 'now what', then quit out of it and watch YouTube or something. :/

Online is great. The main point of the game for me.

Online racing in the private lobbies is probably much more calm than online racing in Sport, since the penalty system is optional there.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Yeah i much prefer private lobbies, but haven't 'got into' the game well enough yet to feel the need to venture into that mode.

It's possibly because i'm soaking in Fallout 4 again at the mo, so don't really want to 'waste' time with other games.

I'm quite happy racing in Sport mode. But it's probably because I'm a backmarker and hence I don't have to fight too much.

The Sport races the last couple of days haven't interested me, so I've been doing some of the Campaign races. Anyone done the Ferrari races at Nurburgring GP and Monza? Maybe I just really suck, but I had to use a Gr. 3 458 to win those races. And I still had regular 458s mowing me down on the straights...*after* I took over 1st place.
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid