Page 78 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

I'm a C/S driver and that clip above was the shittiest thing that has happened to me since I started playing seriously a few weeks ago.

What really bugs me about it, and you can hear it in the video, is that my brake point for that left hand turn (the right is flat out) is at about 120ft. But I saw him go wide, knew the race was almost over, and lifted through the right hander just to give him time to unfuck himself and allow me more time to make a decision. I really thought he was going to rejoin after the left so I was anticipating how to encounter him down there. With me lifting early we're talking a distance of maybe a half a car length over an optimal lap. So if I had kept on my normal race line he would've narrowly missed me and crossed over just behind me. That's one of the reasons I was so frustrated by it, in terms of accident avoidance I thought I did everything right and he ended up finding me like a heat seeking missile.

I'm with Bill in that I would rather them not ghost cars if they can't get it consistent.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Yeah i always treat cars as if they weren't ghosts, even when they are taking off from a spin just in front of me, i try avoid them incase they unghost.

I don't know what i would have done in your situation dodint, possibly would have braked a little more, but then probably would have fully t-boned him.

Administrator
    I didn't know Grosjean played GT:S.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    I too have noticed inconsistencies with the ghosting, including seeing people passing by phasing through cars because they ghosted for a second and were able to somehow overlap. That being said, they have announced changes to the penalty system in Wednesday's update. Higher rated drivers no longer get longer penalties, no more penalties for light contact, and the length of all penalties are now shorter. So hopefully no more 10 second bullshit for a nudge. I believe the reason behind the change is that the next FIA Manufacturer's race is at Blue Moon oval, and you know everyone will be bump drafting.

I also had a similar incident in the Nations Cup race at Interlagos, qualified 5th and knew I just needed to avoid everyone for a good result. Got passed at T1, no biggie, still in a place to score major points. The guy who passed me and the next guy in front made contact in the long sweeping downhill left, the guy on the left started to lose the back end on the curbing and the guy on the right went wide off track, I took a shot up the middle to nab 4th. Unfortunately the guy who shot off wide right decided to try and salvage the next turn, didn't ghost, and rammed me from the right and sent me off into the grass, practically last after the 1st lap. The rest of the race was a shit storm fighting at the back.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Sorry man, hate that.

Glad to hear they're tweaking the penalties a bit. I actually was able to help my cause during yesterday's Blue Moon one-make races, both with DR and SR. I guess that's the good thing about being relegated to B-class SR, the drivers just aren't as good as in S class
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    So the last couple of weeks i've tried to race online with the NZ Gamers Club crew (formerly NZ Gamer, but the owners shut that site down so we started a new one) and everything is fine and dandy at first. I can hoon around the track and quality like everyone else. But when it comes to the race itself... Basically when the light goes green (standing start) i'm left sitting there on the grid. I can rev, turn indicators/hazard lights on and off, change view, flash my lights and everything else, but it simply won't move (or ghost?). It's like someone has put axle stands under the car.

Happened again last night. I couldn't even enter the next race, as everything was greyed out other than the Exit button. And clicking that it just sits there forever, resulting in a user initiated game restart. Then we did a rolling start race once i got back in again, and car started auto drive like everyone else, light goes green and autodrive doesn't turn off and let me take over. It went around half the track in autodrive until i gave up and turned the console off.

Bloody frustrating.

That is damn strange. That only happens with online races?

Should have expected carnage at Monza with the Nations Cup race last night, was not disappointed. Qualified 7th, up to 4th on the 1st lap, then back to 18th, also on the 1st lap. Managed to get back to 10th, this will hopefully be one of my throwaway races - I'm guessing the last race at Suzuka will be another, that track never disappoints with regard to online mouthbreather carnage.

Ran the FIA Manufacturer race at Blue Moon. Qual'd 16th, got up to 9th. Then caught a pack with a guy just endlessly wrecking people, he finished the race with :34 seconds of penalty time. Came around the last corner on the last lap in 4th place and my fuel ran out, ended up 6th. I guess the race was a two-stopper? I pitted a lap after the leaders so I thought I was good, had 13 laps to go and the fuel said 12.4 or something during the stop so I knew it would be close but didn't think they'd have us doing a two-stop strategy so I let it go.

There were people stopping twice during the 11-lap Nations Cup race at Monza, which I didn't understand. Sadly, I was far enough back that it didn't even begin to affect my position.

I mean, I was in a Mustang with the fuel trim set to 1, are there vehicles that are so bad on gas that they have to stop twice?