Page 8 of 148 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    I've actually found the car details/accuracy to be better than Forza with each generation. Like the R32 Skyline GT-R (and numerous others - like most Audis with their front grills) has NEVER looked right in any Forza game (headlights especially) and i consider myself an expert on that view, since i've driven/ridden in no less than four of them in real life, and see them on almost a daily basis - and the headlights on our cars are pretty much identical.

Forza 6 and Horizon 3 improved the amount of detail in the cars over GT6 but the accuracy is still off with some cars though - i just don't get why, they've had so many opportunities to fix it. Whereas i honestly cannot fault any car i've seen in any GT game. Even the accuracy of the cars in GT2 still amazes me, when every other car game at the time (and for years after) had way less polygons, and often in the wrong places.

Then i look at GT Sport photos and just when i think they can't get more details than Forza or premium GT6 cars, they do just that. Seriously - compare Forza Horizon 3 cars, GT Sport cars and the real life versions and tell me which game has the better accuracy. I'm really not being a fanboy here, but it just seems like GT has always set the benchmark for car details and finally now other developers are catching up to them - they've essentially helped the industry try harder.

I think the reason that GT games have so many framerate drops recently is because they put so much detail into the cars that their game engine can't cope (maybe they need to start building a new engine?). Because as we all know frame rates drop when too much is happening on screen.

And remember GT has had changeable time of day and weather in its past few games on certain tracks, while looking better than a number of other games that do the same thing, or less (that i know of). Yet again - not fanboyism, these are just the things that my attention to detail eye picks up on - i'm a sucker for accuracy, so everytime something isn't quite right it catches my eye.

But PD do need to keep hiring more staff, or maybe change/redo their engine like i suggested above - the sounds are still not as good as Forza's even with a Forza sound man there. I'm increasingly happy with the physics in GT, but they still have to work on the low speed stuff. But the way the body momentum quickly snaps the car into oversteer is more realistic than Forza, as i've done the exact same thing in real life on a few occasions - it happens way faster than Forzas slow mo version...

Kaz's problem i think is perfectionism, and it's either the consoles (as per my post above) and or the engine that cannot cope with that. They even admit they have to tone some things down to make the game run better.
    P.S. I've been playing Forza games (Horizon 1-3 and Motorsport 3-6) almost exclusively for months now, so clearly i'm not anti-Forza.
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; December 6th, 2016 at 10:52 AM.

GT6 has a better car and track selection than FM6 and the series has made huge improvements in every aspect since GT3, but has not kept up with the rest of the industry's improvements
    Kaz has spend way to much time and resources on photo mode, a 3-monitor 3-console setup, interior details, ...
    Constantly taking 24-48 months to give us 12 months of apparent development for a solid hot-lapping simulator =

Don't disagree with any of that.

I wasn't one of the many asking for an interior view back in the day, it's nice don't get me wrong, but i usually use bonnet/roof view in car games (excluding GTA and Mad Max). So it almost seems like the detail in that has gone to waste since i don't think many would take much notice of it.

Photo mode i quite like though, and GT Sports one seems to be taking it to an all new level. That's probably come about because of the amount of work they've put into the cars, so they want people to appreciate them more (or to give those that do a chance to take some great shots).

At the moment though, Forza's car selection is getting much more varied and diverse than Gran Turismos, and it's GT that needs to do the catching up. Forza's had some very interesting choices over the years (Transit van, supertruck, limo, 4WD's etc).

Visually GT has always been better. People forget that Forza comes out more often. GT6 came out in 2013 on the ps3....that's 3 years ago and on an older platform. It still has better visuals in areas than Forza.

I do wish the GT tire module was better.

Cuda did a cool comparison a few years ago between a 370z on tried and true slicks in RL and built a very similar car in GT and compared the data. I think it was the sports tires in GT were carrying as much corner speed as his full blown race tires in RL. I don't remember the lap times off the top of my head to add in to the comparison.

I'll likely buy it, I've been planning on building a rig and getting a G29. I need to venture as far away from motorcycles as I can, and this would be a good way to do it.

Sports Hard tires gave roughly equivalent lateral Gs to the Continental slicks we used on the real car. Braking Gs were slightly better than real life. Comfort Softs were a little closer in that aspect.

Contis are not the best race slicks (primarily they don't like mixing lateral/longitudinal load, at all) but they're not miles off. I don't think any real life tire exists that has the grip of GT6's Racing tires.

The handmade, handcut silicone slicks I used on my slot cars when I raced them in a league many moons ago probably come close.

Have you ever played Forza Motorsport Bryan? Would be interesting to see how that compares, as i've had traction probs with cars in that series that you wouldn't think would be realistic.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    I need to venture as far away from motorcycles as I can,
    Woaaaah hangonafuckinminute.

Let's not get too brash here. You do know that 'building a rig' is dangerous too, you might stub your toe on it if you're not paying attention.

Lol. Good thing I have 10 to stub....

Hey Cuda, did you find that the MKI MR2 was way too snappy in GT5/6? Had a MK1.5 at one point and it was more stable in the snow than in the dry in GT6