Page 87 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Any tips for keeping the BMW straight under trail braking? Thing doesn't want to follow it's line.

Is the in-car brake bias adjustment not that powerful anymore?

I've adjusted it around a touch. It helps, the car just seems like it has to slide with like 10-12 degrees of rotation to be quick. That much slip angle goes really strongly against my driving style. Also is kinda tough to control with the controller for small inputs.

I go from making strong improvements all over the place to running a race where I can't keep the fucking thing on course. It goes to slide, then acts like it is going to spin, I correct, and it throws the damn thing in the gravel.

Last corner, I go in just like normal, try to scrub speed off and the car never gains grip, I add throttle as a last ditch effort to balance the thing, and it just continues to slide out even though I'm 15 mph slower in the corner than normal.

The car just doesn't communicate well when at the limit.

Two races in a row, leading, I go to take the last corner in a similar fashion, and the thing slides out, just barely touches the edge, and a spin induces.

I seriously don't fucking understand this fucking car. To add more frustration, I switch to in car view, and the car puts power down over undulations better, and seems more adhered to the tarmac.

In other news, I bought an "openwheeler" rig setup today from a local racer/autocrosser.

I'll be buying a fanatec setup this week too.

Way to bury the lede.

Junior Potato
    I tried out the Merc F1 car last night.

Fuckin MEH.

I want to know why it’s so hard to drive at low speed, while an equivalent Ferrari in Assetto Corsa is a piece of piss.

Wish I had a TV.

250GTO at brands....

Junior Potato
    Yep, gotta try it.

But first, I've gotta grind out 20 million in credits.

The most lucrative race is the 15 lap Super Speedway event in the Premium Sports Lounge, using the Porsche GT3 RS. It nets you 230,000 over 12 minutes, so you have to do the race 87 times to earn enough money. That's 17.4 hours worth of driving.

Ugh.