Page 89 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    My stats below, not sure if they are good or bad. Usually just race in lobbies with NZ Gamers Club crew, haven't touched the proper Sport mode for months and months cos of the useless/cheating drivers. And my heart rate goes up way too much when racing with unknowns.

Sport Mode Races - 24
    Sport Mode Performances - 1 (in the Top 83%)
    Sport Mode Sportmanship (SR) - 99/99
    Sport Mode Wins - 1 (1*) | Daily: 1 / FIA:
    Sport Mode Consecutive Clean Races - 2
    Sport Mode Pole Position - 1 | Daily: 1 / FIA:
    Sport Mode Leading Laps - 5.4% | Daily: 5.4%
    Sport Mode Fastest Laps - 1

Little contact where time isn't lost and positions aren't gained shouldn't affect your ratings at all IMO, as that's almost expected in races in the real world. Prepared for at least.

But that sucks to hear 359, they need to keep revising the system. Something like a detector that can tell if you gained time/position by cutting a corner/using another car to help brake/turn. And can then calculate if you relinquished that position/slowed down to lose the time gained and then decide to not give you a penalty (all while detecting if that car you may have hit has lost or gained time also, and if they were screwed over your penalty will still stand).

Sounds complicated, but i think it's possible. Much better than going off track, losing 10-20 seconds getting back on at around the same place and then getting a three second penalty. Really? This has happened to me quite a bit lately and i've not even remotely gained an advantage any of those times.

And the rest of my stats:
    Distinct Days Game Access - 38
    Campaign School - 100 %
    Campaign Circuit - 100 %
    Campaign Mission - 93 %
    Car(s) - 108
    Car(s) bought - 16
    Credits earned - 11,226,440
    Mi earned - 68,450
    Xp Level 30 | 25% (3141 pts)
    Distance driven - 5,121.223 Km
    Time driven - 1 days, 14 hours, 14 min and 58 s.
    Liveries - 20
    Photos - 115
    Country - New Zealand
    Followers - 37
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; August 15th, 2018 at 05:32 PM.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    After 8 straight races to get from 41 to 75, I took a risky move and did Bathurst, which could have been a disaster as it had helped contribute to my SR drop before. But since I was stuck with all the A level people, and I did some qualifying, I was on pole. Had a close competitor, let him go when he challenged but I stuck close. Some good fuel conservation allowed me to leap frog to the lead at the pit stops. Two minor wall scuffs, came home with the victory, and went from 75-A to 89-S in one race. Good enough for me.

Did my Nations Cup race with the karts, but I could tell I was in the "Low S" room with a lot of the riff raff, mostly D level guys who were easily lapped once or twice in this race, and the max points for a win was only 500 something. Qualified on pole, came home third after a few snafus with the tricky kart, but was clean enough in the race to raise myself back to 99 SR. So I was set up for the Manufacturers Race, did very well there, no loss of SR.

So in the end everything is mostly fine. I only had to play the game for about 7 hours straight to undo the damage, but still.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

I had a similar deal a couple of weeks ago, I'd been sailing along in SR/S - either 99 or upper 90s - for what seemed like months, then had a group of races that didn't seem too awful but knocked me down to something like 43. Like, WTF? I'm back up to 99 now, but I really don't understand the penalty system sometimes.

And those karts can get bent, I didn't enjoy that at all. I am usually in a well-matched lobby, but my 58.xxx qualifying time was only good for 13th in my group last night. I had a very inconsistent race, had one lap that was 57.xxx but only managed 10th.
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    It looks like if you try to enter the event they lend you the car.
    I finally figured out what this was. It’s a race in sport mode.

Blergh.

I want to own the car and drive it at Le Mans and Maggiore in VR.

I should never, ever be matched in a lobby with GTAcademy_2013. I think the only way I would have a chance of finishing ahead of them is if they quit the race. Seriously, I'm all for aspiring and whatnot, but give me a break. I'm a perennial DR/B using a controller.

Also, don't bother trying to jump into a weekly race on a Thursday. Everyone else has pretty much got everything sorted by that point, if you're a perennial DR/B you're going to qualify in the bottom 1/3 and probably finish there as well.
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

What is with the Veyron suddenly being the toast of Gr.4? Seems to pull very hard on the straights, no real way to keep up in my Cayman.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    It looks like all the 4WD Gr.4 cars are strong, which has happened before. The Evo, the WRX, the GT-R, and I think the Mazda 6 are all competitive.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Junior Potato
    When designing a livery, it’s important to have accurate source material on hand if one wishes to attain excellent attention to detail.

Nice. I'm currently trying to re-create my old helmet. A Bell Star Carbon, with the AirTrix Boogie paint scheme. Shit ain't easy.

Junior Potato
    This is more like it.