Page 9 of 148 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

I don't remember driving one in GT5/6. :shrug:

And Skyline, I tried one Forza game for 5 minutes years ago. It didn't do anything for me and I saw no need to get into the "other" system given who has supported me.

Junior Potato
    Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    I don't remember driving one in GT5/6. :shrug:
    You haven't GT driven every car you've ever owned!?!
    Especially the best car you've ever owned

The SW20 is better.

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineObsession View Post
    I've actually found the car details/accuracy to be better than Forza with each generation. Like the R32 Skyline GT-R (and numerous others - like most Audis with their front grills) has NEVER looked right in any Forza game (headlights especially) and i consider myself an expert on that view, since i've driven/ridden in no less than four of them in real life, and see them on almost a daily basis - and the headlights on our cars are pretty much identical.

Forza 6 and Horizon 3 improved the amount of detail in the cars over GT6 but the accuracy is still off with some cars though - i just don't get why, they've had so many opportunities to fix it. Whereas i honestly cannot fault any car i've seen in any GT game. Even the accuracy of the cars in GT2 still amazes me, when every other car game at the time (and for years after) had way less polygons, and often in the wrong places.
    I agree. I was disappointed to discover cars that are just wrong in Forza 6.

FD3S - front wheelarches are 'flared' in the game, there's a weird looking vertical dent in the doors
    Lexus LFA - doors are too vertical, not enough roll at the top, looks too slab-sided
    Merc Gullwing ('55) - rear wheelarches are too 'humped' upwards above the wing line

They have lots of polygons, but they put them in the wrong places GT6 is 'better' to me despite being less powerful.

Forza is full of issues, small and otherwise, that result from their strict 2-year release calendar. Many have remained for multiple versions of the game, but some are actually getting patched out in FM6 updates. And a good 24-car online race in a car you built, tuned, and painted yourself feels fantastic.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Perfect is the enemy of good. #shrug

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Perfect is the enemy of good. #shrug
    That's what my love life and empty second garage bay keep telling me.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    I'm not fully picking on Forza Keith, GT also has more than its fair share of bugs/annoying things too. Like GT6, there was no 'challenging' races for the veterans - like enduros. Or if there was i can't remember, been so long since i've played it.

I didn't think you were, they were valid if detail-oriented concerns. Forza die-hards can tell you plenty of issues with the games that have been there since the beginning, or are worse than they used to be, etc. Sticking to their schedule and greatly affecting Microsoft's finances just is not how you make the best game, but it does mean the game comes out every year on time. Both methods have their drawbacks.